What's new

Simpsons Sets - Original Content or Edited Syndicated Material? (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
Do we know if the Simpsons upcoming series will offer the full content originally broadcast episodes, or will they be the edited syndication reruns? In many of the episodes some of the more "questionable" content gets dropped for the rerun episodes (eg: Otto's "talking shoes" at the Hullabalooza concert with Frampton on stage, Hitler's occasional "cameo" appearances, Bart's references to various health problems/syndromes, etc.)
------------------
-Barry

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The reason for syndication edits is not content, but to add more commercials. They just choose the most possibly offensive material to cut is all
Jeff Kleist

Joel C

Screenwriter
I have the first season set in hand (look for my review soon at digitallyobsessed.com), and since it has been over ten years since I saw these episodes unedited, I can't say for sure what elements have been restored, but these are definately the unedited shows, as the running times for each episode are roughly 23 minutes, instead of the 21 minutes for the rerun shows.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks