What's new

Simple audio connectors question (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys I have a quick question. I want to be able to hear two different audio sources on my headphones at the same time. What type of jack do I need to do this? Also, I was wondering what the cable is called that you use for like a line in or line out audio cable. Is it just called a sterio cable?

Thanks for clearing this up
Eric

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There is no jack that does that. You would have to connect two sources to the same input, one in the left jack and another on the right jack. That would get you hearing each source separately in each ear. If you want to hear them both in both ears, you’ll have to get a line-level mixer. Radio Shack has them.

Stereo means two signals, so if it’s a dual cable then yes it’s a stereo cable.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
So what is the absolute cheapest way I could do this because that seems extremely expensive? Is there a way I could do it through my computer or something?

Thanks
Eric

John S

Senior HTF Member
The radio shack line level mixer is pretty inexpensive.

You computer can do this by default I think, or they used to mix content if you simply went and started something else with sound anyways.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Stereo cable.. or RCA cable.

As for your first question... a cheap solution might be to get one of these:

and use it "backwards" by putting one of these on the male end:

That way you wind up with a 3-way female 1/8" adapter.

If you're looking to have two mono sources.. one in each ear... you could just get one of these:

It's an "airline headphone adapter". It converts your stereo headphone jack to two mono jacks which you could plug into separate sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks