What's new

Silk Stockings officially announced from WAC (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
No concrete release date, but, as we've seen before, expect that to change very soon.

Special Features:
  • Cole Porter in Hollywood: Satin and Silk, hosted by Cyd Charisse
  • Vintage theatrical shorts
    • Paree Paree (Remastered in HD)
    • The Poet and Peasant Overture (Remastered in HD)
  • Theatrical Trailer
7149_tn.jpg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They did release a couple RKO noir last year. I think they have been releasing a good variety: musicals, John Wayne films, Hitchcock, Bogart, some more modern films, some cult films. They have such a diverse catalog.

LikeASir

Grip
Real Name
NoName
WAC - if you read this, PLEASE, pull the plug on musicals and focus on the real movies. The Asphalt Jungle, Bringing Up Baby, Captain Blood, The Philadelphia Story, Mildred Pierce etc

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I've definitely been waiting for this announcement! The preorder can't come up soon enough!!
Top news this. Really hope it's followed by Three Little Words and The Belle of New York.
I hope so too (although I'd be happy with ANY of the Fred Astaire musicals that Warner owns)! And, I hope, seeing the way WAC has released stuff this year, we should see more Fred (unless they are just going for musicals, since we also seem to waiting for the announcement of Love Me Or Leave Me)!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
WAC - if you read this, PLEASE, pull the plug on musicals and focus on the real movies. The Asphalt Jungle, Bringing Up Baby, Captain Blood, The Philadelphia Story, Mildred Pierce etc
Let's be fair here. I think WA has given us a fair slice of all genres over the last few months, and I'm sure that will continue. Please don't put down musicals in that immature way just because you personally don't enjoy them.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Oh I love Janis in this! Gretchen Wyler, who had originated Janis' part on Broadway, was actually supposed to do the film too. But just before she was due to be signed, Arthur Freed (or one of his associates) saw Janis Paige in her nightclub act, and she was offered the part instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks