Silent Hill 2 XBox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

What are everyone's thoughts on this game? There seem to be somewhat mixed feelings in the different reviews I've read, but I'd trust you guys more than any reviewers. Just wondering if it's worth getting. I'm in need of a good horror game. Thanks!

Rob

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Read, Absorb and then tak a trip to Silent Hill , you'll never be the same...
    Silent Hill 2 review

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

This game is fantastic. I only play it at night because it's freakout factor is much higher then! My roommate tells me to play it sometimes because he loves watching it so much.
    The sound effects in this game are what freak me out the most. Last time I played it my roommate and I both jumped. I never thought a video game would make my heart speed up so much but this one does it. There's a sound in one of the jail cells that absolutely freaks me out. It's a deep groaning that seems to come from nowhere! Gives me chills just thinking about it!
    Two thumbs up. Way up!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

What type of game is SH2? I hear people around here raving about it all the time, but I don't really have any idea what the genre is...

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

6. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

For more chills, try out the first Silent Hill. The only game that had me turn it off due to the fear/creep/weird factor. Playing it alone at night with headphones didn't help either... :p)

7. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I felt that the prison under the lake
    was really disturbing. It even had a sort of freaky, depressing effect on me. Seemed like all you did was keep going down deeper into filth, depravity and weeeeeeeeird stuff. Couldn't wait to see the outside again.
    ...it was great!!! [​IMG]

8. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Derrick, I too felt the same way about that place. I let out a big sigh of relief when I finally stepped back outside! Freaky stuff!! [​IMG]

9. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

My girlfriend rented this game 3 times because she HAD to finish it, it's the first game I've ever had draw her in like this... I personally felt it was amazing, the 5.1 mix was great, and had me jumping off the couch and wanting to turn on some lights [​IMG]
    It's too bad that (supposedly) Silent Hill 3 is going to PS2 only.... [​IMG]

10. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

ps2 only......... WHAT?????[​IMG] and i just got an xbox too.... figures.. [​IMG]

11. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

if i were you i would hold out a couple more weeks for FATAL FRAME much creepier game.