What's new

Sick of Christmas in October? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

I was thinking of printing a few of these up as T-Shirts and selling them off, but since the Grinch is copywrited, that's not the worlds best idea.... But feel free to spread them around if your tired ofseeing Christmas Stuff out before the Halloween stuff is on the shelves...

And yes, I celebrate Christmas myself ;)..

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I'm sick of seeing Christmas stuff - period. It offends me to have to see constant reminders of something that I just simply don't believe in.

I'm talking about Santa Clause, of course! ;)

LewB

Screenwriter
Saw X-Mas stuff here around Labor day. Don't know why they bother to take down the displays at all any more.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. Let us celebrate one holiday at a time, for crying out loud. At least wait until the week of Thanksgiving so that stores can prepare for Black Friday. But doing things for Christmas when it's not even Halloween is ridiculous.

But saying this doesn't make me a grinch since Christmas is my favorite holiday for multiple reasons. ;)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I don't have a problem with Christmas decorations being sold before Thanksgiving, but when they are put up before Halloween, that is a little bit to much.

The only place I have seen a lot of decorations currently being sold is Costco, but they seem to be selling the large lawn decorations that Target and Wal-Mart won't be selling.

Paul

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I saw my first Christmas themed commercial about 1.5 weeks ago. :eek:

Don't they know that we're still reeling from the Columbus Day hub-bub? :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if you had Thanksgiving at a time when it makes more sense then you would have to worry so much.

Try it the Canadian way!

B

James T

Screenwriter
I guess I could agree, even though I haven't seen any Christmas stuff yet and even if I did, it would have been after our Thanksgiving.

The stores just want to get a jump on things. I saw back to school sales a week after I finished class. Maybe it was meant for summer school people, which would kinda suck but be funny at the same time.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
What really bugs me, is that many people (usually unmaliciously) assume that everyone is a Christian around Christmas time.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Someone a few blocks from me already has his bushes decked out in Christmas lights and even worse, has a fully lit and decorated Christmas tree in the front window. Crazy.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'd be happy if they would just wait until November 1 to bring the Christmas onslaught. I was in Garden Ridge last week to pick up some last minute Halloween decorations and they had a lawn Santa going full tilt, really loud and singing Christmas songs in what I'm sure some demented freak thinks is a 'cute voice'. As I was checking out I remarked to the cashier how the Santa had caused me to hurry up my shopping so I could leave the store and she intimated to me that the employees were planning to either do in the Santa or the store manager who won't let them turn it down.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
What really bugs me, is that many people (usually unmaliciously) assume that everyone is a Christian around Christmas time.
What really bugs me is all the Christians become temporary Christians around Christmas time with all that "it's the time for giving, so I need to give to everyone." Since it is the season for giving, I've had a theory where I don't give anyone any gifts one year, and see how they like it. They should be even more joyful since they got me a gift just because they felt I was worth it, not because they felt they had to. They should all thank me.

Read this Dave Barry article, Web takes a byte out of vampire stereotype, for more on the theme of the thread. Well, at least the first paragraph is.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I was at Wal Mart last night and they had a huge sign by the front door saying how many shopping days there were until Christmas. I was also at a department store (Famous Barr) and they had about half of their Christmas decoration up.

IMHO nothing Christmas should be put up until November 15th.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

IMO, nothing Christmas should be put up until December 15th. Ten days of Christimas per year is more than enough.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"the Canadian way"

It involves back bacon, and the month OCTOBER. It gives us more than 2 months between, NOT 4 weeks!

B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks