What's new

Shrek Question (1 Viewer)

Heather C.

Auditioning
Hi,

Someone recently told me that in Shrek, the donkey calls himself duncan. I had seen the movie at least five or six times and never heard it. So I was watching it for the first time since learning of the name reveal and darned if I didnt hear him say duncan, I think. It was so fast it was hard to pick up. So I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or will check it out and see what they think. It occurs when Shrek has just choosen donkey to go with him to see Lord Farquad. I replayed it several times and still cant make my mind up what he says. Anyone Else??

Heather C.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
It's possible that someone misheard Shrek's pronunciation of 'Donkey' (which as far I'm aware is the character's correct name). Michael Myers is using a (very convincing) Scottish accent (more accurately, a relatively mild Glaswegian - i.e. from Glasgow). This particular accent has a tendancy to replace parts of words with an 'uh' sound. Thus, 'donkey' might be pronounced 'donk'uh' which I guess could be misheard as 'Duncan'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks