What's new

Showtime free? Anyone else know about this? (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
MSaemisch
SPottie
Member # 989
Member Rated:
posted July 09, 2001 08:26 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A while back, I got a letter saying that there was a class action lawsuit against DirecTV for cutting off channels (Encores). They said we would be getting free Showtime and maybe some other channels for a period of time as a settlement but I don't recall that they indicated a date.
I noticed the other day that we are getting Showtime, Flix and Extra. Does anyone know if this is the settlement? It would have been nice for them to notify us (or maybe they did send a mail which I did not read since I rarely see that I have mail in time to read them).
Thanks,
Mike...
------------------
The EC
The Entertainment Cave
"10,000 for me by-myself. For that you get the head, the tail...the whole damn thing."

There was a little note in this month's bill that said something like "Hope you are enjoying your two free months of Showtime.".
That was it. Nothing else. I don't know if this was due to the settlement or not.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
errrghhh, never mind... wrong post...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed
[Edited last by Jay H on July 11, 2001 at 06:17 AM]

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I returned home yesterday to find a recorded message on my answering machine informing me that (since I am such a WONDERFUL customer
rolleyes.gif
) I would be receiving the STARZ package until the first week in August absolutely free.
Cool, I guess. I then remembered the letter informing me of the settlement and wondered when I would be informed that my free Showtime would begin.
When I went to add the Starz suite of channels to my custom guide, they were NOT activated. I DID discover, however, that Showtime was. Now I have to wonder how much time I have missed.
frown.gif

They have the technology to send me annoying messages regarding pay-per-view events I am NEVER interested in. Why can't they for ONCE send me this kind of information. I'd be less reluctant to check my messages if I got a good one now and then.
C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks