What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Weird: The Al Yankovic Story (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
eca92689-1ed0-412b-a1c5-c02a1011bc91.jpg

The Unexaggerated True Story About the Greatest Musician
and Sex Symbol of Our Time

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story​
2d5e140f-d5da-45e7-ae99-9b599d1928e9.jpg
c67a7147-37a8-4f97-84d9-ed1a3f420490.jpg
Acclaimed Film Available as a 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD​

December 12 from Shout! Studios​
Available for Digital Purchase November 10​
An uproarious meta parody of the life and career of one of the most unique and esteemed musicians of our time, the critically acclaimed Roku Original film Weird: The Al Yankovic Story will be available to own on home entertainment formats for the first time December 12, 2023 from Shout! Studios. Nominated for eight Primetime EmmyAwards and beloved by fans worldwide, this wildly creative bio-pic parody stars Daniel Radcliffe, Evan Rachel Wood, Rainn Wilson, and an A-list cast of thousands.

Weird will be available as a two-disc 4K UHD + Blu-ray, a two-disc Blu-ray + DVD edition, and as a standalone DVD. All physical editions will include a bevy of new bonus features, with details to be announced at a future date. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutStudios.com.

The film will also be available for digital rental or purchase as a digital download on November 10, 2023.

In Weird, Daniel Radcliffe is “Weird Al” Yankovic in the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician and sex symbol of our time. With Evan Rachel Wood and Rainn Wilson.

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story was originally released by Roku on The Roku Channel on November 4, 2022. It was embraced by critics and audiences alike and has since received numerous accolades including eight Primetime Emmy™ nominations. Winners will be announced at the 75th Primetime Emmy™ Awards in January 2024.​

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
So Shout! Is asking $32 for the UHD combo. Are thier discs usually best priced by them or is there somewhere else I should look?

I don't like to pre order for more than $30.00 a UHD I haven't seen. Normally I'd just wait for a post release sale but I really liked this movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So Shout! Is asking $32 for the UHD combo. Are thier discs usually best priced by them or is there somewhere else I should look?

I don't like to pre order for more than $30.00 a UHD I haven't seen. Normally I'd just wait for a post release sale but I really liked this movie.
I would bet that pretty much any other online retailer will be cheaper than that. Amazon tends to have Shout UHDs just under $30.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Bonus Features Announced for
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story​

2d5e140f-d5da-45e7-ae99-9b599d1928e9.jpg
c67a7147-37a8-4f97-84d9-ed1a3f420490.jpg

Acclaimed Film Available as a 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD​

December 12 from Shout! Studios
Now Available for Digital Purchase and Rental on All Major Platforms​

Shout! Studios is excited to share the bonus features for its upcoming release of the critically acclaimed Roku Original film Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Nominated for eight Primetime Emmy™ Awards and beloved by fans worldwide, this uproarious meta parody of the life and career of one of the most unique and esteemed musicians of our time will be available to own on home entertainment formats for the first time December 12, 2023 from Shout! Studios.

In Weird, Daniel Radcliffe is “Weird Al” Yankovic in the unexaggerated true story about the greatest musician and sex symbol of our time. With Evan Rachel Wood and Rainn Wilson.

Bonus features for Weird include a new 4K master with HDR and Dolby Vision (4K UHD edition only), a new audio commentary with Al Yankovic and director Eric Appel, a new presentation of deleted/extended/alternate scenes hosted by Al Yankovic and Eric Appel, a featurette on the making of Weird, movie trailers and promos, press interviews with the cast and crew, the lyric video for “Now You Know” and more!

Weird will be available as a two-disc 4K UHD + Blu-ray, a two-disc Blu-ray + DVD edition, and as a standalone DVD. The film itself, without bonus features, is currently available for rental or purchase as a digital download.. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutStudios.com.

Weird 4K UHD+ BR Combo Bonus Features​
  • 4K Master with NEW HDR and Dolby Vision Presentation
  • NEW Audio Commentary with Al Yankovic and Director Eric Appel
  • NEW Deleted/Extended/Alternate Scenes Hosted by Al Yankovic and Eric Appel
  • Movie Promos
  • Featurette on the Making of Weird
  • Late Night with Seth Meyers Interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic and Daniel Radcliffe
  • IMDb.com “A Plethora of Cameos”
  • Variety.com Interview with Daniel Radcliffe, Evan Rachel Wood, and Eric Appel at the Toronto International Film Festival
  • TheWrap.com Interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic and Eric Appel
  • Lyric Video - “Now You Know”
  • Trailers

Weird Blu-ray +DVD and DVD Editions​
  • NEW Audio Commentary with Al Yankovic and Director Eric Appel
  • NEW Deleted/Extended/Alternate Scenes Hosted by Al Yankovic and Eric Appel
  • Movie Promos
  • Featurette on the Making of Weird
  • Late Night with Seth Meyers Interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic and Daniel Radcliffe
  • IMDb.com “A Plethora of Cameos”
  • Variety.com Interview with Daniel Radcliffe, Evan Rachel Wood, and Eric Appel at the Toronto International Film Festival
  • TheWrap.com Interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic and Eric Appel
  • Lyric Video - “Now You Know”
  • Trailers

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story was originally released by Roku on The Roku Channel on November 4, 2022. It was embraced by critics and audiences alike and has since received numerous accolades including eight Primetime Emmy™ nominations. Winners will be announced at the 75th Primetime Emmy™ Awards in January 2024.​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks