What's new

Should I sell my GC for an XBOX? (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
With the recent price reduction on the xbox bundle, I am contemplating selling my gamecube (which I rarely play) to get one. I mainly enjoy fighting and racing games, which the cube has almost zilch. (i dont really count smash bros. which i like) I havent been following the xbox since before it launched, are the alot of good fighting and racing games out for it? Also, what about the future? Anything coming down the pipe for either system? I also love tony hawk, but the xbox seems to get the better version of these anyway.. comments? suggestions? If i decide to sell, Ill give you guys the first chance.

I own:
Black GC with 2 black controllers one mem card( less than 20 hrs used Id guess)
Wavebird wireless controller (less than 6 hrs used)
component adapter
super smash brothers melee
xtreme g 2
rogue squadron
tony hawk 3
mario sunshine
wave race 2

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Well, both systems are going to be getting Soul Calibur 2. I believe that Tecmo is going to be putting out DOA4 on the Xbox, but I'm not sure about if it will be exclusive to it.

As far as racing stuff, you have Project Gotham and Rallysport as the best racing games on the Xbox (IMHO).

I bought TH3 for the Gamecube and enjoyed it, although it was the only system I had at the time, so I didn't have much of a choice.

I'm actually planning on getting TH4 for the PS2 at this point, for the online Multiplayer component side of it.

Other than that, I think you'll see a lot of similar racing and fighting titles for either console. If you're really not happy with you're Gamecube, sell it while you can. Since you have a few games for it though, I would consider selling off the games to put towards an Xbox so that if something was to come out exclusively for the Gamecube, you'd still have the console to play it on.

That's just my thoughts.

Glen

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
How can you?!

In my opinion it has the BEST controller in the Wavebird, and on top of that Metroid Prime, Zelda and 1080 Avalanche are coming and exclusive, plus Resident Evil 0 coming out on the 29th!!

I think you crazy.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Try to get enough money to buy an xbox and keep your cube. Sell some of the games you dont play anymore or dont want to keep and get a second system. There are great games coming for xbox, so it is a good idea to get one. But the cube has the holy tilogy of video games:Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. Those three games alone make it worth owning a cube, not to mention the upcoming Resident Evil 0, Mario Kart(someday) and other great nintendo stuff!

And the wavebird is the best controller out there, period!

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
im with sean on this one, keep em both, i just got an xbox this week, and halo and doa3 were worth it alone!! that way you can get the exclusives for nintendo and the exclusives for xbox as well... sell off some of the games you dont want, maybe get a used xbox, sell blood, etc ;)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I really do like the wavebird, no other controller is nearly as cool.. I have no interest at all in zelda/link games or metroid, and even mario seems to have lost some of his charm. I think moving to 3d really hurt that franchise..I do look forward to the next f zero, and soul caliber 4 which is being designed on a nintendo board for a change..hopefully doa 4 wont be an exclusive, I would almost buy the xbox just for that. Is rallysport all that fun? i have the DC prequel of gotham and that was pretty good. I would probably end up regretting selling the cg console ( like all the other consoles I once had ie Colecovision lol ), so i may just unload a few games, I hadnt thought of that option..

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Get both if that's an option.

Otherwise, download some Metroid Prime movies and I'm sure you'll never let your GC go.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I have both the Xbox plus the Gamecube and I've kicked around the idea of getting rid of the Cube. I just don't play it. I've had it for six months and I've put in maybe 15 hours of total game time, mostly playing Super Monkey Ball. It's disappointing to see Mario and Starfox not come close to living up to expectations. As for Metroid Prime, I've tried to get myself pumped up for it, but it is a FPS:frowning:. Plus the Cube has no concrete online plans. Anyways, I think I've just convinced myself into getting rid of the Cube, thanks:)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm probably putting my Cube on sale soon (keeping the 'Box and the PS2), so you are not alone.

I think the Cube has killer games that are targeted towards somebody other than me, that's all.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'd recommend just holding on to the cube. Later one, there'll probably be some games that you MUST get for it, and you won't be able to get them.

James D S

Screenwriter
Yeah. Wait with the Cube. That way, you can pick up knitting and catch up on your reading until games come out that you want to play then. Forget about playing games now. Just sit and tend to the dust bunnies propagating around your Cube. :)
If you dig games on the Box, get a Box. (Racing - Project Gotham, Rallisport Challenge, MotoGP, and Sega GT 2002 and Fighting - DOA3, nuff said!)
If you don't dig the games on the Cube right now, dump it. If exclusive-to-the-Cubes come out in the future that you need to play, get it then. We'll be here for when you want to have that conversation too.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I'd PERSONALLY say that the PS2 is a better system (gameswise) than the XBox. About the only thing XBox REALLY has as an exclusive is Halo: Playstation has Dead or Alive 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 (IMO a better fighting game), not to mention Tekken 4 (if you like Tekken), but also the Grand Theft Auto series EXCLUSIVELY until 2004.

XBox also has Gotham and a boatload of Sega games, which really don't have other-platform equivalents, but you can find as many or more PS2 exclusives. I'd look carefully at all 3 systems and see what stuff you want is on each system. My preference might not be yours, after all...

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'd day keep the GCN and then get the Xbox if you can. That way you won't miss out any games (except PS2 game if you don't have one)...

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I was faced with the same dilema. My 'cube is up for sale now. When it first came out, I thought Rogue Leader would be typical of the type of games that came out. I had a good time with it, and also Madden and SSX Tricky, but after that, the gaems that were coming out just kinda made me loose interest. I've bought an Xbox, and now it sees usage every night....

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks