What's new

Should I get an XBox? (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
James,
one of the reasons I posted this thread was to get an idea about what people like about the XBox in terms of software. I'll admit I'm not up to speed with what games are on the XBox so I was hoping someone could say "these titles are awesome and these great titles are coming out soon". Essentially, I know I want one at some point but I was trying to test the waters to see what kind of games are out. Even with the suggestions made by the folks in this thread, I'm still not convinced I need one yet. In a few months perhaps.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"James,
one of the reasons I posted this thread was to get an idea about what people like about the XBox in terms of software."

Fair enough Dave. It makes sense to inquire as to the quality of current titles, not to mention what might be coming down the road. I didn't mean to sound overly critical. But I still say the only real way to judge is to get hands-on experience. If you have the cash, and there is a big superstore like a Walmart nearbye, just buy the thing and rent a few highly rated games over the next couple of months. If you find the time well spent, keep it, if not return it and get your money back (minus the cost of the rentals of course.) There is no substitute for experience.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
If you are interested in online play, or more specifically - if you are interested of online play free of cheating, then by all means get an XBox.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The only bullshit in this thread was your post, and I'm surprised Morgan put up with it so kindly.
Put plainly and simply I'm very very tired of the enormous amount of thread farting and useless arguing going on in this forum anymore and I reacted a bit prematurely and harshly, taking Morgans post out of context as I mentioned above. I'm man enough to apologize to him for that.
As for how you feel about my post, I could really careless. You want to continue this discussion further, feel free to PM me or email me, Ill be happy to talk. I dont however see a point in continuing this discussion here and taking over Dave thread anymore than we already have...
Besides he put up with it so kindly because Ive put up with so much of his shit in the past so kindly. Morgan and I have a unique relationship:D.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
James,
I think I'm gonna see if my older brother will let me borrow his XBox for a few days over my semester break. I'll probably pick up a games freedom pass from BB(do they still have those?) so I can check out their selection of XBox titles. that way if I am impressed with what is out I can pick one up. If not I can hold out. Plus, that way I can also rent some of the PS2 and Cube games I missed along the way.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
EDIT: Forget it. Not worth it.
I'm sure the next time you want to chew someone out, you'll read twice and post once.
Ah yes, because I'm so known for chewing people out on this forum:rolleyes...Thanks for the mini-lecture bud, but I'm ok without your "guidance".

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Romier, I'm so disappointed I didn't get a chance to read your well-thought out reply before you edited it.
I think you're out of line, Masood.

He apologized, and you should have left it at that. No need to "cheapshot" him with the "I'm sure the next time you want to chew someone out, you'll read twice and post once" line.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Sounds like you guys are getting a little personal. Nobody should every take any of this shit personally. Remember people, we are talking about GAMES here. It's not like we are talking about whether to invade Iraq or something like that, where there are actual consequences and lives at stake. These are just video games. I'm not trying to single any one out, sometimes I take this stuff too seriously too.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm with James on this one. Had I have known this thread was gonna open up Pandora's Box I wouldn't have posted it. Having said that though, thanks to everyone who gave me some advice on the topic at hand.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'm with James on this one. Had I have known this thread was gonna open up Pandora's Box I wouldn't have posted it. Having said that though, thanks to everyone who gave me some advice on the topic at hand
It didn't and theres no "pandora's box" that was opened by you posting this thread Dave. Simply a basic misunderstanding between 2 human beings. Its the nature of a discussion forum Dave that people at times don't see eye to eye and emotions at times flare. No big deal as far as I'm concerned, I've had arguments with more than one person on this forum in the past (certainly wont be the last) and I hold nothing against anyone. As far as I'm concerned it water under the bridge, lets get back to the discussion and move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks