What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner Bros. brings its 2009 hit movie Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr. as the consulting detective and Jude Law as Dr. Watson, to 4K UHD Blu-ray with an upscaled transfer and nothing else new.

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Released: 25 Dec 2009
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 128 min

Director: Guy Ritchie
Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong
Writer(s): Michael Robert Johnson (screenplay), Anthony Peckham (screenplay), Simon Kinberg (screenplay), Lionel Wigram (screen story), Michael Robert Johnson (screen story), Arthur Conan Doyle (characters: Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson)

Plot: Detective Sherlock Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England.

IMDB...

Continue reading...

CC95

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the review, I'll stick with the iTunes 4K/Dolby Vision digital I purchased over two years ago.
It was shot 2K. So iTunes is also an upconvert - except with streaming you have an anemic 20 mbps bit rate vs. 100 mbps on disc.
With 10 bit Dolby Vision - those missing 60 bits matter....A LOT.
Physical Disc is the only way to go here.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It was shot 2K. So iTunes is also an upconvert - except with streaming you have an anemic 20 mbps bit rate vs. 100 mbps on disc.
With 10 bit Dolby Vision - those missing 60 bits matter....A LOT.
Physical Disc is the only way to go.
Not for me, I'm happy enough with the 4K digital.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You might as well be watching 1080p with those bit rates.
but, to each their own.:)
That's what you say, but I've compared similar 4K digitals against their 4K discs and I find it very difficult to distinguish any differences on my LG OLED panels. Just stick to what makes you happy and I'll do the same thing.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That's what you say, but I've compared similar 4K digitals against their 4K discs and I find it very difficult to distinguish any differences on my LG OLED panels. Just stick to what makes you happy and I'll do the same thing.

I feel the same way. I have an Oled too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks