What's new

Sharp LC-52D62U vs. Samsung LN-S5296D (1 Viewer)

Robert Ross

Agent
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a new TV and have been looking at quite a few options. I've decided I want a flat panel that is at least 50". At first I was thinking of purchasing a Panaonic TH-50PX60U, because I've read nothing but great reviews and it's very cheap. But the more I thought about it, the more I really wanted 1080p. I know if I buy a 720p right now, I'll just want to upgrade again when 1080p becomes cheaper and I'd rather have a TV that I will keep for a good long while.

After looking around, the only models I've found that are within my price range (actually they are both out of my price range, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice) are the two models listed in the subject. Although they're not plasma (which I've read has a better display), LCD has really got me interested, since I've read they have no burn-in, last longer, and use less power. The black levels are the only thing that bothers me, but I've heard newer sets are making progress in that aspect.

I've tried finding reviews of these two sets, but havn't had any luck. Has anyone here had experience with these sets? Any info at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks