What's new

Sharp Aquos LC-45D40U vs. Vizio 50" Plasma (1 Viewer)

Larry J

Agent
I recently got the Sharp 45" LCD (last year's model) for $1649.00. I just saw that the Vizio 50" plasma is a similar price. Does anyone have any thoughts about which may be best?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Larry

The Sharp is pretty much a top of the line model. The Vizio is pretty much an also-ran. Doesn't compare to the top-notch Panasonic plasmas. I would not trade the Sharp for the Vizio. If you want detailed information on these sets, please visit AVS forum for more than you ever wanted to know about each of them.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I agree with Arthur. AVS forum will give you more info than any human can possibly absorb. However I would like to chime in on the Vizio. I bought a 37" LCD from Costco and couldn't be happier. Plus with the fact that Sharp is now using a lot of cheaper parts from Chinese manufacturers (per AVS forum) I think the standards are becoming less a factor in the decision process. At Vizio's current prices I would easily consider buying another set.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks