What's new

Sharp 2023 AQUOS QD MiniLED XLED Series 4K HDR TV with over 2,000 dimming zones & deep blacks & high peak luminance (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
This is a must see video on Sharp's new Flagship AQUOS XLED TV...
one thing that Brian had missed, is going into the system details where the NetFlix ESN infos might reveal what SoC is used, that may or may not compatible for Calman calibration.
personally, i do not have much interest with Calman as my belief is that our eyes perception of colors, and clarity may degrade as we aged. what Calman calibration may achieved will look weaker if our eyes weakens year by year... ... however, we shouldn't deny the presence of certain population of consumers who have their trust of Calman Calibration to "balance" settings out for different folks in one environment.

YANG

Screenwriter

SHARP's participation in iFA2023 miniLED models.
the 2000 dimming zone that U.S. market as well as most other Asian countries get now, bears a different model reference in Europe.
European market also getting mid-range makes(which seems to be a prototype) which bears the XLED branding with lesser dimming zones.
the "entry" level SHARP miniLED(also prototype at the moment as seen in the video) comes with lesser dimming zones compare to the mid-end, seems to be targeted to e-gamers with smaller sizes rolling down from 65" to 50".​

YANG

Screenwriter
thru the screencap here...
3ba5fc3ac9cccf0880ec2b6cea6b53bb510d1060.png

...there seems to be a hint that the SHARP 1st Global MiniLED TV is using a higher-end of MT9612 variant, identified as MT9685 or MT9688.
while i couldn't find much info of MT9688, but there is some info about this MT9685 SoC, as shown here:
ac884dec5b02a09bdf0d05fc15aa090561e4f4a8.png

the based MT9612 SoC is sort of mid-high end SoC that doesn't support CalMan calibration software like Pentonic700(MT9618/9653) do. correct me if i'm wrong here as from official announcements and news, only Pentonic SoCs are mentioned to have such capabilities.​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
All our our calibrators are here working on the the calibrations for our 9 TVs that are competing in our Sept. 30 - Oct. 1, 2023 TV Shootout.

We are all loving Sharp's new flagship AQUOS XLED TV.

YANG

Screenwriter
no wonder Stop the FOMO describe HiSense UX series product as "FEARLESS"!

here where i am, the price for 65inch HiSense 65UX leaked!
1500+ dimming zone HiSense priced to take on 2000+ dimming zone SHARP!!!​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sharp will be shipping their 1st allocation of the new US version of the FS1 OLED TV this week. So hopefully we receive them this coming Friday, Oct. 27.

I'll do an informal review when we set-up Sharp's FS1 in our A/V showroom next to all of the new 2023 TVs.

YANG

Screenwriter
this latest review and probably the last for SHARP...

...shines a light on the imperfection of areas where cause this model to sell in slow pace.
bad impressions upon un-boxed and un-tuned default factory rolled out set had been highlighted, on SHARP's attempt on their first miniLED product makes it look bad, hopefully their next global rollout this year fine tunes what are imperfect that needs to be corrected.​

YANG

Screenwriter
2024 marks the year we see SONY made a change to their models numbering. the same thing is coming to SHARP as well... with the return of 4 number references which had appeared for a short period roughly 10yrs ago.

from the recent updates in my country's consumer products regulating agency, i see the new model reference in this way:
4T-C##@&##00x
f0e388ba153f228fc0c5cb748d5132a2c56b9972.png
while the first 5 remains as an identity to tell the basic spec of the model like 4K and size, the next alphabet(@) remains to signify the manufacturing/launch year, follows by another alphabet(&) which either N/U may refers to possibilities of either Quantum Dot Layer is embedded or not. the 4 number reference may possibly refer to different grades in display tech, where i currently see, comes in 2 reference, 7000 and 8500. in the end, X refers to market region.

what is SHARP cooking in their pot, no idea for the moment to me. i think, in speculation, in between these 2 number references, there could be 7500 and 8000 where "7"series could be typical FALD-DLED backlight, while "8"series could be miniLED backlight?
only time will tell... from the finalize updates in my country's website or Asia-Pacific countries website.
will this new change applies to American Continent market as well, i have no idea, as there isn't much leaks i can find thru other certification sites such as WiFi Alliance.

for the moment, thru the model numbers i found that SHARP 2024 models for China market are also utilizing these 2 number references.
beside the 3 sizes you see from the screen cap above, the 7000 series comes with both 86inch and 100inch in size as well...to China's market. but what is coming to my country's market and probably the others, is yet to finalize, except the 5 u see in the screen cap above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks