What's new

Sharp 2023 AQUOS QD MiniLED XLED Series 4K HDR TV with over 2,000 dimming zones & deep blacks & high peak luminance (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'll be announced the prices and availability for Sharp's new Flagship AQUOS XLED 4K HDR TV on Tues, July 18!

This new Sharp QD MiniLED TV is one of the best TVs for the 2023 model year and the prices will be very reasonably.

Sharp's AQUOS XLED's built-in audio system is also very premium with 11 Speakers, 2 tweeters, 4 midrange, 1 subwoofer, 2 height tweeters, 2 height midranges.

Here's the link to our AQUOS XLED TV webpage.

Best technical specifications of any TV:

SHARP-2023-XLED-Overview-JPEG-1.jpg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sharp was purchased by Foxconn Group in 2016, but they operate independently from Sharp Electronics' original facilities in Japan.

Foxconn Group purchased Sharp Electronics and kept all of Sharp's management and most of the staff and wants Sharp to operate as Sharp's management wants to.

Sharp Corporation - Wikipedia

YANG

Screenwriter
I'm confused. I thought that Sharp pulled out of the TV market a few years ago, selling its display factory in China to HiSense.
in some markets, SHARP TV are still still made by HiSense if i'm not wrong... for example, European market, as well as China.
however, what i can confirm, SHARP TVs sold in AsianPacific region, as well as East Asia are made in SHARP's own factories in Malaysia and recently expansion in Vietnam and Thailand.
did SHARP expanded into INDIA to produce for domestic market as well as middle east, i'm not sure. i'm pretty sure there's a Turkish plant operated by Vestel builds TVs rebranded with SHARP label...

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes ^^ to everything you said!

Thanks for your correct and very informative and interesting contribution to the discussion on Sharp's reentry into the US market.

We are getting the Sharp designed and built premium QD MiniLED TVs launching this week in the US. Sharp's new flagship AQUOS XLED QD MiniLED TV is one of the best TVs for the 2023 model year in all technical specifications, features, and its actual image quality.

YANG

Screenwriter
SHARP's first, global(with exception of Japan and Taiwan) miniLED TV product is going to be something like FORD CORTINA in the past, same on look aesthetically and internals in performance, but little differences... such as broadcast tuner system, ATSC in American region, DVB-T/T2 in AsiaPacific.

Last edited:

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
I have some questions about this TV.

What version of Google TV does the TV ship with? Is is Google TV/Android TV 12?
Can the TV display 4K120 and Dolby Vision at the same time?
Does the TV support HDR10+ or just HDR10?
Can the TV passthrough DTS-MA through EARC?
Is the VRR G-sync or FreeSync certified?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'll be able to answer all of your questions when we receive Sharp's fist allocation of the AQUOS XLED TVs. Here's what I can answer now:

- Sharp's AQUOS XLED TV is HDR Formats supported are, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision HDR IQ.

- Yes the TV has 4 HDMI outputs, of which 2 are full HDMI 2.1A so they support DTS:X, and Dolby Atmos over the eARC HDMI port.

Stand by for the other items to be answered very shortly and thank you for contributing to the discussion with very good questions!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm glad to see Sharp back. My current desktop PC uses a 2015 32" 1080P Sharp TV as a monitor. It's branded as Sharp for BestBuy, which was being discontinued at the time for a close-out price of $179 (cheap for 1080P back then). My non-HT TV was also a Sharp 1080P 55", used for non-critical viewing from the kitchen e.g. news shows. I only replaced it with a 55" 4K set from TCL three years ago. I also owned a few Sharp CRT sets over the years - none of them ever broke, unlike some from other major brands that friends have owned.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’ve never owned a SHARP display of any kind, but I was always a bit envious of people who had a display from the Aquos line. From what I remember (which isn’t much), the Aquos punched way above its weight, much like the revered Pioneer Kuro line of plasma displays.

I’m glad they’re back because I have a Hisense 65U8G and it’s hot garbage on a summer night compared to the 720p (yes, I said 720p) Panasonic Viera plasma it replaced.

I’m really curious to see what SHARP brings to the table now.

YANG

Screenwriter
There’s...
is that a short form of IS or WAS?
i doubt that facility is in operation or in operation to produce consumer goods like... TV as like PHILIPS TV in the past, built in America, built by Americans, for the market of America.

HiSense in Mexico if still holding the manufacturing rights for SHARP products, except that this time base on SHARP's own engineering and design, i would say there's a high chance that this SHARP XLED miniLED TV would be built in Mexico for supply to the American Continent which includes Canadian, American as well as Brazilian market.
or else, different lots shipped from 4 Asian factories to my knowledge, China, Vietnam, Thailand as well as Malaysia.

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I just updated our Sharp AQUOS XLED webpage with our launch sale prices and more information on this new premium QD MiniLED TVs. Check out our website for all of the new information and to place your order.

The 65" XLED MSRP is $3,199, and our launch promotion sale price is $2,499. The 75" XLED MSRP is $3,799, and our launch promotion sale price is $2,999.

Here's the link to our AQUOS XLED webpage:

We'll also have Sharp's new 2023 4K HDR OLED TVs.

65" model # 4TC65FS1UR, 4K HDR 120Hz MSRP $2,499.99, launch Promotion sale price $1,999.99 and the 55" 4K, 120Hz, model # 4TC55FS1UR MSRP is $1,999.99, Launch Promotion price is $1,499.99.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Now I’m looking forward to reviews. These are priced higher than similarly sized LG C3 OLED. I’m curious how these perform and why I’d spend a premium for an OLED for an LCD.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out Sharp's new 2023 OLED TVs that are priced very aggressively.

65" Sharp OLED model # 4TC65FS1UR, 4K HDR 120Hz MSRP $2,499.99, launch Promotion sale price $1,999.99

And Sharp's 55" 4K, 120Hz, model # 4TC55FS1UR MSRP is $1,999.99, Launch Promotion price is $1,499.99.

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
Why are the OLEDs cheaper than the LEDs? Do the OLEDs have all the same features as the LEDS? (HDMI 2.1a, ATSC 3.0, Google TV etc...)

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sharp's new flagship AQUOS XLED QD MiniLED Tv is a very high-end premium TV.

The 65" AQUOS XLED has over 2,100 local dimming zones and the 75" has over 2,300 local dimming zones. The blacks are deep and rich with excellent shadow detail and excellent high peak luminance capability.

No other MiniLED TV comes even close to Sharp's AQUOS XLED TV MiniLED specifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks