What's new

Sharp 2023 AQUOS QD MiniLED XLED Series 4K HDR TV with over 2,000 dimming zones & deep blacks & high peak luminance (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
Why are the OLEDs cheaper than the LEDs? Do the OLEDs have all the same features as the LEDS? (HDMI 2.1a, ATSC 3.0, Google TV etc...)

Sharp's new flagship AQUOS XLED QD MiniLED Tv is a very high-end premium TV... ... ...
if we're to look into the specs... one should notice that the SHARP model price is pushed up by the inclusion of QLED layer in the panel construction. such QLED inclusion, when u compared with Samsung and LG with the same spec, SHARP’s price would considerably be competitive. with the addition of info that the TV could be U.S. built, that drives the price higher when compared to HiSense or TCL of close competitive specs that's built with lower labour costs.
undeniably, SHARP’s miniled is priced much higher than majority of OLEDs in the market... so as Sony, as well as the Koreans... in some markets.
here where I'm in, a small market far away from U.S., a state size smaller than Tasmania or Hawaii, the SHARP miniled TV is priced in between Sony and Chinese makes. while OLEDs made by Chinese makers are currently priced half of what SHARP’s tagged RRP on the same size.

when a product comes at a price which one may consider Premium, there’re many factors to consider... in U.S. case... it would be the labour cost, follows by material costs, then, marketing costs.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It seems to me that OLED isn't ideal for everyone. So, something like this is a good alternative in the higher end.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
At some point, my ultimate goal is to have an OLED. I’m not nearly as satisfied with the Hisense QLED display I bought last year as I feel I should be (motion artifacting on the 65U8G is heinous, regardless of what some people say) and I want to replace it with an OLED when I can afford to do so. That being said, as long as my parents are living with us, there’s no way in hell I’m buying an OLED. I no longer have a dedicated HT room so the newest display (the Hisense) got put upstairs in the master bedroom where my wife streams 4:3 formatted Netflix and Hulu shows for 12-14 hours per day, every day. An OLED would never hold up to that kind of beating without burn in (the same way my Panny plasma was ruined).

Having just spent over $65k on home repairs and teeing up another $28k for repairs and improvements next month, a new high quality display is straight out for the foreseeable future. There is no room in my house that’s projector friendly so a 75”-85” OLED display is the best I’m ever going to be able to do and even that will be a stretch.

YANG

Screenwriter
as mentioned in the report, 4T-C65F-S/Q-1 refers to the difference on the panel used. where S, is Samsung's QD-OLED, and Q refers to LG supplied OLED panel.
螢幕擷取畫面 (260).png

Asian market had officially entered into product year2023 represented by the letter F, and there isn't any signs that SHARP will be pushing their OLED products to other markets except domestic market.
so... it'll likely be the same to U.S. continent market, probably some years later, u might get to see OLED TV that bears the SHARP badge.​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Correct again, ^ as usual and thanks for your contributions to this thread!

One exception is that I am being told we'll have Sharp's new 2023 65" and 55" OLED TVs for the US market. Early indications is that we'll have the FS1 Series, know as, Sharp AQUOS-QD OLED TV.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sharp's new 2023 Flagship AQUOS XLED TVs are in-transit to us and are scheduled to arrive in our showroom this Thursday, August 24th.
Sharp AQUOS XLED TV.png

YANG

Screenwriter
hmmm... isn't the stand design to the XLED TV is unified across all other regions? like the one shown in the first picture u posted sometime ago? this "new picture" seems odd to me with splitter-ed legs...

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'll know for sure tomorrow when our AQUOS XLED TVs arrive. I'll post a picture of the real first mass production US version of the XLED TV.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Tomorrow, Thursday, 8/24 at 6PM ET we'll host the very first presentation of Sharp's new flagship AQUOS XLED QD MiniLED TV!

Hope to see our HTF friends in the live moderated chat.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
The ship has landed and we now have Sharp's new AQUOS XLED in stock and on display in our main A/V Showroom.

More picture to come shortly and more details on the performance of Sharp's new Flagship TV.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x478.
XLED_1.jpg

YANG

Screenwriter
here is a review from Indonesia on the 75inch AsiaPacific variant...

...which compares to U.S. version, should have about 10% difference in specs.
watch this thru your laptop or home computer such that you can make use of the YouTube auto-translation on the subtitles as that video is spoken in Indonesian language. expect a total add up of 15% in grammatical and spelling in translation process.​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
This is a must see video on Sharp's new Flagship AQUOS XLED TV that will be available at 4PM ET today.

joemoder

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph Moder
This is a must see video on Sharp's new Flagship AQUOS XLED TV that will be available at 4PM ET today.

Nice to see Sharp back. Purchased the 65" on 08/26 after watching this video from Brian. When do you expect them to arrive and start shipping?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
If all goes as scheduled we'll have Sharp's very first allocation/shipment this coming Friday, September 8, and if the Labor Day holiday delays the shipment it will arrive no later than very early the week of September 11th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks