What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
In many states whether or not a vendor must collect sales tax depends on the dollar amount of annual sales and/or the number of annual sales in that state. That's how it is for where I live and why some smaller vendors don't have to collect sales tax here - they just don't sell enough stuff in the state annually. If the vendor does *not* collect the tax the consumer is *supposed* to voluntarily pay it by filing a specific form but I've never known anyone who's done this.

AND - if a business has a physical presence (which can be a distribution center, a small office, or any other support building) in a state they're required to collect sales tax for residents of said state.

Amazon is so big they meet any/all minimum sales and physical presence requirements so have to collect it in every state that has a sales tax.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sorry you folks are having to wait for these wonderful films. It's agonizing, I know.
The pricing on Amazon dropped down to $17.99, so I ordered it from them on Friday night about 11:00 p.m. ET. As a prime member I received it this afternoon and immediately watched the disc. Not bad getting the Blu-ray from Amazon in about 40 hours.

IMO, this is the best looking video-wise of "The Thin Man" Blu-rays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks