What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Nick and Nora Charles investigate their fourth cinematic case together in W.S. Van Dyke’s Shadow of the Thin Man, another in the entertaining series of comic mysteries headed by the dynamic married duo.

Shadow of the Thin Man (1941)

Released: 01 Nov 1941
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 97 min

Director: W.S. Van Dyke
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Mystery

Cast: William Powell, Myrna Loy, Barry Nelson
Writer(s): Irving Brecher, Harry Kurnitz, Dashiell Hammett

Plot: A jockey has been shot dead at the race track. Famous detective Nick Charles and his wife Nora happen to be on the scene and Lt. Abrahams asks for Nick's expert help.

IMDB rating: 7.3
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the review Matt! It's out of stock almost everywhere so I don't know when mine will actually come but I look forward to when it does! :)
Matt, thank you for your review. I'm not in a big hurry to purchase this title so I never bothered to pre-order. I'll get it when the time is right.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I'm not in a big hurry to purchase this title so I never bothered to pre-order.

I was the same way and actually wound up completely forgetting to pre-order this one or IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME until their release date. SUMMERTIME was available right away but this one wasn't. For all I watch this title, I can wait for it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just in case anyone wants it sooner rather than later

Not many left in stock, but a few

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon is saying that my copy will arrive on Saturday.
1629863968665.png
:D

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I finally gave up on Amazon and went with Bullmoose (my first time!) for both this and THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE (which Amazon still doesn't have) and they both shipped out and should supposedly arrive in the next few days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was the same way and actually wound up completely forgetting to pre-order this one or IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME until their release date. SUMMERTIME was available right away but this one wasn't. For all I watch this title, I can wait for it.
I finally gave up on Amazon and went with Bullmoose (my first time!) for both this and THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE (which Amazon still doesn't have) and they both shipped out and should supposedly arrive in the next few days.
So much for waiting for it. :laugh:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon was being so slow that I just cancelled my order and will wait for the inevitable lower price. I've not yet watched my After... or Another... BRs so am in no real hurry.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bull Moose is usually pretty fast. I submitted an order for The Conjuring 3 late on Sunday afternoon and it was on my porch this morning (Wednesday). And that was using the "free" shipping (for which they used 2-day Priority).

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I couldn't believe Barry Nelson was in this. I saw him on stage in of all things The Act!

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Bull Moose is usually pretty fast. I submitted an order for The Conjuring 3 late on Sunday afternoon and it was on my porch this morning (Wednesday). And that was using the "free" shipping (for which they used 2-day Priority).
Does Bull Moose ship in plastic bubble bags (AMAZON) or boxes? I'm sick of AMAZON sending damaged items!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does Bull Moose ship in plastic bubble bags (AMAZON) or boxes? I'm sick of AMAZON sending damaged items!
My last couple of items were both in boxes, one a single blu-ray, the other a blu-ray set. I can't swear they always use boxes, but I've never had anything arrive damaged.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will

I can only speak for one experience with them (I'm tempted to repeat my BM joke but it didn't really land the first time so I shall spare you it) but I ordered two blu-rays and they were wrapped in bubble wrap inside of an actual cardboard box. I was most impressed.

Second order (two of the Spetember Deanna Durbin blus) will be coming next week, one hopes.

By the way, I live in PA and didn't have to pay any sales tax? Is that true everywhere? I thought it was odd but I'm not going to kick about it.

So, free shipping over $35, no sales tax, and fast delivery in a sturdy box. What's not to like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks