What's new

Settings on TV, receiver, and cable box help… (1 Viewer)

BAMatter

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Hi there- quick rundown- I have a 75” Samsung Q60t QLED, with a Sony STRDN1080, Polk Audio fronts/center/rears, Polk HTS12 sub, and a newer Comcast cable box. I’m having a bit of an issue with some glitching/pixelation/fludder when I’m watching football, and have gone down a rabbit hole of research on settings. Currently have all the motion enhancers off, and that seems to have helped a bit. My main question is- between my cable box and receiver, they both have settings for resolution or upconverting. I have the cable box set to highest resolution possible that the TV can handle, even though I don’t believe Comcast broadcasts that high anyway. I also have an option on the receiver to upconvert to 4K. How should I set all these? Am I throwing too much at the TV and getting this screen issue potentially because of this? I can get my full settings tonight if any more info is needed. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks