What's new

Help please? NAD 758 v3 and Apple TV (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
long time no talk!

I am at my wits end with this receiver. I’ve had problems before but have always been able to fix it. I was on my Apple TV until around 1am last night. Sat down tonight and no audio. I restarted my Apple TV, no change. Checked settings on the tv and the receiver and everything looked good. My Telus box worked fine throughout. Tried testing the Apple TV on a different input, again no good. I switched the inputs back and now I can’t get either my Apple TV or my Telus to push either audio or video. I’ve got a NAD T758 v3, a 4K Apple TV, and a brand new Telus 4K cable/pvr. Does anyone else have this combination or can shed some insight? I haven’t kept up with the field so have to say I’m a dummy when it comes to receiver settings, especially this one which seems particularly hard to use. I’m going to figure out how to factory Reset the NAD as I don’t want to reset the Apple TV if I don’t have to.

thank you!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Update: the amp timed out. I turned it back on and now have at least my video back for my Apple TV, and video AND audio for my Telus box. That’s a big step in the right direction!! Still no audio from Apple TV though.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That appears to be a very early 4K receiver. Some basic things. Make sure you have sufficient hdmi cables. Certified 18Gb/s. Plus, on the Apple TV I'd probably lock the output at 4K rather than auto, assuming you have a 4K TV. That receiver won't pass Dolby Vision, from what I can tell, so you might want to make certain that's turned off.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Woo Hoo!!! I honestly don’t know what I did but everything seems to be working well!

wouldn’t it be great if audio electronics were as plug and play as apple stuff?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks