What's new

Marantz SR6008 (2013) receiver won't display full screen output to my newer TV (2020) on any other input than CBL/SAT. I get a 'No Single' error. (2 Viewers)

Kooshetty

Auditioning
Real Name
Carl
Hi, I just bought a used Marantz SR6008 receiver (from 2013) and everything works great except when I switch to any other input than CBL/SAT. For example, when I switch to Tuner, Network or even Setup Assistant where the receiver is supposed to output full screen to the TV (as opposed to the overlay menus which show up fine) I get a 'No Signal' error on the TV. The manual shows images of the full screen output on a TV, so I know it's supposed to work.

I have a 65" Samsung TV that's about 3 years old - I have the HDMI ARC output from the Marantz into the ARC HDMI of the TV. I've gone through the manual and there's nothing in there that addresses my problem. I've searched on Google and I haven't seen anything that answers my question. I tried switching out the HDMI cable to a brand new one - but the same error shows up.

Is it possible that the 2013 Marantz receiver is outputing to a resolution that my TV can't support? or does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Any help would be appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If the overlay displays properly on video sources, but gives an error on menu screens, it sounds like the receiver is damaged. I doubt a 2013 receiver is 4K compatible, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks