What's new

Setting Up an Outdoor theater (1 Viewer)

captainron19

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
Hey folks.... new here. Looking to setup a "no frills" non permanent theater outside.

Was planning on a projector and some sort of USB viewing attachment to allow streaming via wireless network (amazon fire stick, google chrome etc)

My questions are...

1. What is a medium level but reliable projector (the smaller the better) to allow for streaming video from either a firestick or chrome? I have heard some people state they had sound problems when utilizing a plug in usb device into a projector so would I need to obtain a speaker also?

2. What is recommended for streaming movies and such? I do have Amazon Prime but have no knowledge of the firestick or other streaming devices they have. Also considering google chrome but again no experience.

My son is the one leading me to do this because he wants to watch baseball games outside by the pool but I am not even sure if any of those services actually stream local channels.

Any help would be appreciated

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What's your total budget for this (including outdoor screen... and probably sound system... I presume)?

I doubt any projector you'd consider will offer enough sound on its own to satisfy though... plus you still need to consider the screen.

Not sure about comparisons on the latest offerings, but I'd suggest checking out the Roku stick as well unless you mainly use it for streaming from Amazon's service (and don't mind the bias/push w/ FireTV products)...

_Man_

captainron19

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
What's your total budget for this (including outdoor screen... and probably sound system... I presume)?

I doubt any projector you'd consider will offer enough sound on its own to satisfy though... plus you still need to consider the screen.

Not sure about comparisons on the latest offerings, but I'd suggest checking out the Roku stick as well unless you mainly use it for streaming from Amazon's service (and don't mind the bias/push w/ FireTV products)...

_Man_

No issues with a screen - already made arrangements for that. As far as price......not looking to go all out (as far as price) Speaker not an issue either as i already have some to use. So basically looking for opinions and a decent projector that will accommodate a streaming media device

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks