What's new

Setting speaker levels (1 Viewer)

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
I have just got myself a SPL meter to set my speakers levels....what is the recomendations here?

Set bass, treble to 0...then sitting in listening position with spl meter pointing up to the ceiling play pink noise say through my center speaker to a reference level of say 80db and adjust each speaker to be the same level? Rears surrounds should be equal? And some people set the sub at least 3+db more? Will pink noise get a proper reading from my sub?

Thanks

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
Got myself a radioshack spl meter and tested with my recievers built in test tones with a reference level of 70db...the speakers are all now pretty much equal give or take 1db which shouldnt make much of an audible difference?

My speaker settings are similar to this now:

Front Left = 0db
Centre = -3db
Front Right = -1db
Left Surround = -2db
Right Surround = 0db

Is this normal to have them quite differently adjusted like this?

my sub is around 3-6db over...which is about the standard for the LFE channel people like to set?

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
Just another question...

I watch mainly PAL material, how much of a difference will it be if i calibrate my HT with a NTSC Video Essentials DVD?

keir

Stunt Coordinator
its normal to have slightly different level for different speaker. i dont know if pal material would need a different video calibration or not..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks