What's new

Separate Forum for HDTV?? (1 Viewer)

shankar

Stunt Coordinator
With the HDTV area growing more and more, I feel that we need a separate HDTV classification (hardware, programming, antenna choices, local reception )similar to the AVS forums. How many of you agree???

BTW, how do I post a poll here??

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I agree also. Lots of the technical issues that pertain to HD are not concerns of standard analog or satellite customers.

And I'll watch a lot of things in HD that I wouldn't in NTSC.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guys:

We addressed this issue when we separated out the forum areas and decided to have HDTV included in the Display Devices and the TV and HDTV programming areas. So no we will not be setting up a separate HDTV area.

shankar:

Admins are the only ones that can post a poll here.

Parker

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Hardware posts go in displays.

Programming posts go in TV/HDTV programming.

HAving a dedicated area won't increase discussion- we had one in the past and it was low traffic. People discuss hardware and programming issues everyday here- as they readily fall under the already available headers.

-Vince

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I disagree Vince,

When there was a seperate HDTV area there was alot more HDTV discussion than there is now. Not having a seperate HDTV section is exactly why AVS is so far ahead of HTF on this particular subject.

Kevin C.

shankar

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,

I don't know how long ago we had a HDTV forum. May be the traffic was lower becuase HDTV was still not as mainstream (still a trickle) as it is today ??

I have to really search for the posts related to HD amongst the RP91 jungle and the Outlaw ocean!

I know the owner has the final say, but just wanted to see what other members thought...

Shankar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks