What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Seen this Quiznos commercial? (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Punk Rock Kitties - those on the same line as that Viking Kittens skit? I guess I can see some similarities but the whole bizzaro-look these mutations have doesn't remind me of that.

As far as lo-fi making a comeback, it's always been around as long as there' creative folks that either don't have access to better means or are simply lazy. :D

I guess Sifl & Olly comes to mind immediately to epitomize "lo-fi" for me.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I was turned off by the idea of associating their product with garbage. The imagery didn't do it for me.
Oh well. I don't make a similar association with the entire state of California despite witnessing similar events when I spent a week in L.A. a few years ago.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I don't make a similar association with the entire state of California despite witnessing similar events when I spent a week in L.A. a few years ago.
I'd be just as put off if there were ads representing what California is about that did the same thing. The difference is that what you witnessed was not meant to make such a representation. The Quizno's ads are. Their corporate people approved them. That's not the same thing as witnessing what some random person does on the street.

By the way, I also despise Carl's Jr., with their disgusting, obscene sounding ads depicting twenty somethings subsisting on fast food.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I like toasted subs and Quizno's is Ok but I can't stand these new commercials. I can't tell if they are rats or fuzzy potatoes but it sure as hell doesn't make we want to eat at Quizno's.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone see those Quizno's subs commercials with the singing "things". They creep me out everytime I see those commercials. If you don't know what I'm talking about check out the commercials on their homepage.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Hamsters in serious need of some dental work. They're pretty gross. Definitely not something that would encourage me to try Quizno's.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I was curious to know the agency responsible for these ads. It's The Martin Agency, out of Richmond, VA.

Interestingly enough, in the press release for this campaign, the critters are referred to as monkeys!

From the press release:
The creative continues the “mmmm…. toasty” theme that characterizes Quiznos Sub’s identity, and is an inflated reflection of just how passionate and crazy customers are for their favorite toasted Quiznos sub. The monkeys, who are the main characters in this ad, are not your typical spokespersons. They are maniacs who are so hooked on toasted subs that they created a rockin’ tune just for Quiznos called, “I Love the Sub

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
They look like bush babies to me - small, tree-dwelling primates.

"They got a pepper bar!"

StephenA

Screenwriter
They look like a hodgepodge of things thrown together to me. That or an ugly conjoined twin that someone had removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks