What's new

Seen this Quiznos commercial? (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I just saw that commercial yesterday for the first time as well...

I don't like toasted though. I'd prefer untoasted.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
They discontinued that commercial here recently. His "fantasy wolf sequence" is less graphic now. I heard some people were disgusted by the wolf nursing.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
They shortened the commercial way down lately... the flashback is shorter and he no longer says "yes... I was!", he just smiles :)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Some stations show an alternate version of the commercial. Instead of the man sucking on the mother wolf's teat, this time, she's just licking him.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The altering is just lame. I think this is one of the funniest commercials I've seen in a long time!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I distinctly remember the guy on the bench saying "crap." Something like "I can't believe you're eating that non-toasted crap." Guess they got rid of that word too.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I've seen both versions, so I don't know if it is truly changed, or if there are just two versions of the comercial...

I, for one, did not like the commercial, and it certainly does not make me more likely to eat there... (I have eaten there in the past...)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I love Quiznos' subs and thought the commercial was stupid. No disgust or outrage, just thought it was a total waste of advertising dollars.

I tried the Philly as well and won't ever buy another.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I don't even know if we have a Quiznos around here; if I want a sub I get one from the Yo Pizza next door, run by a GEN-NOO-WINE NOO YORKER, but as a dog lover and veterinarian I laughed out loud at this commercial. In bad taste? Yes, but still funny. Not nearly as disgusting as the crappy reality shows people are so addicted to.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've seen both versions, so I don't know if it is truly changed, or if there are just two versions of the comercial
They probably did make 2 versions. One to play during the day and the other to play at night.

I have seen the other version and I thought it was very funny and a bit over the line at the same time. I mean, that's the kind of stuff you see in a PG-13 Farely borthers movie, but a tv commercial?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
They also don't really make me want to touch one of their subs. Maybe they need to fire the person in charge of their commercials.
Boy, you said it! I've despised their commercials for YEARS, ever since I saw a woman eating one of their thrown away sandwiches in a garbage can! I don't ever want to eat there.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Why would seeing someone eat a thrown away sandwich make you despise the restaurant that made the sandwich? What's the rationale for that?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, those two commercial links -are they the ones with the fuzzy, big-eyed freaky ratlooking things skirting around the screen singing way off key? Those commercials got my attention, though not necessarily promoting something I'd like to eat. ;)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
These were either done by, or ripped from, the guy who did the Punk Rock Kitties flash stuff on the web, and later did promos for VH1.

looks like lo-fi is making a comeback!

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks