What's new

Seen this Quiznos commercial? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Those things are disturbing. I can't fathom the reason to connect food to them. They definitely don't motivate me to try Quizno's subs.

But hey, bears, frogs, iguanas, and flatulent horses seem to help sell beer. Maybe mutant tater-tots will sell subs. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Do they want us to discuss the commercials or eat at Quiznos? I'm discussing the ad. But I'm dissuaded from eating at the restaurant because my mind now associates their food with creepy creatures.

If they want to spark discussion, they succeeded.

If they want to get more customers, I'm curious how that's going for them.

why two?
The other thread was talking about some other commercial originally, so I ignored it. I'm guessing, the OP didn't see it or didn't realize it was now centered on the same commercials as this thread.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
My guess (even if they don't flat out say it) is that they are trying to create their own weird craze such as hampster dance, badgerbadgerbadger, bangbangbang, all your base are belong to us, and all those other crazy/obnoxious yet catchy internet sites and flash animations that have cult followings.

I think they are trying too hard.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
All I know is when that commercial comes on I change the channel. It is one of the most irritating commercials known to man.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Every time I see a Quizno's commercial, I get more turned off about going there.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Why would they associate a diseased or filthy rat/mouse/monkey/hamster with their product?

I find it unappealing, though they do have yummy sandwiches.

Paul

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I had the opposite reaction. I figure that if those creepy, ugly things like Quizno's Subs so much, then that's where I'm getting my subs. After all, when a celebrity endorses a product, there's a very good chance that he or she is just doing it for the huge sums of money. (I know I would.) But when these creepy, ugly things sing the virtues of Quizno's Subs, they can't be doing it for the money. That would be like me getting an endorsement contract from Nike to sell their shoes: It ain't gonna happen. (Not that I'm all that creepy and ugly, but I think you get the point.) So these creepy, ugly things must really, really like the subs! Besides, did you see how that one creepy, ugly thing played the guitar? Is that a chicken leg he has for an arm? How tasty is that? Mmmmmm, good, indeed!

But then other times I see the commercial, I just laugh and decide not to overanalyze it. Either way, life is good.

And, hey! Don't forget the pepper bar!

Joe S

Second Unit
I had seen the punk rock kittens some time ago, but never explored the rest of that guy's site.
I saw the commercial for the first time a couple days ago and thought it was great! I don't think it's annoying at all.
Now, when Comcast Cable keeps running that "Children's Miracle Network" spot several times every hour on the Sci-Fi Channel, that's annoying to me- got to switch the channel first time I hear that damn piano!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I'm OK with the commercial - funny in a weird way, different. Kind of like Quizno's subs are different.

But it's not the greatest commercial.

But I do love Quizno's.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I don't find them to be the most appetizing critters on TV, but I do think they're funny.

Whoever belongs to those teeth they use on those things needs to see an orthodontist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks