What's new

seeing spots (1 Viewer)

Wes Goff

Grip
Okay, so I've noticed two purple spots on my screen today. I figured the were on the screen, but upon further inspection found that they were coming from the projector. So I tried to wipe the lense off but found that it was inside the lense. It is a Sharp xvz9000. Can i take the lense off or should I have it serviced?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Looks like you have some dust particles that got themselves on the LCD panels. I have been able to clean them off my old Sharpvision projector but I don't know if the 9000 has "sealed" optics or not. Is it under warranty still?

Wes Goff

Grip
It is under warranty, but they said it would be gone for 3-5 weeks. I just got it and that would seem like an eternity for me. Also, I don't know if it matters, but it is a DLP, not an LCD. I was also wondering if it could be dust on the lamp, because I know I can take that out if I need to.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Oops sorry, but the general problem is the same. Dust got inside the optics. You can remove and dust off the lamp with a can or air aimed with the can right side up so the liquid does not spray out onto the lamp. Also, you can gently try to access any dust particles that you have access to. I have been able to clean my last projector as a few members here have also been able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks