What's new

Sealed DIY sub questions (1 Viewer)

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
That's actually still a bit of a sore subject. She's not impressed with the sub, either. I'm no audiophile, but I certainly am in comparison to my wife. She claims to not be able to tell the difference with music and doesn't understand why the pod race in TPM has to shake the house apart (at least she can tell the difference in movies:emoji_thumbsup:)... If I hooked them both up side by side, she would certainly see the improvement, but I guess I need to let a little more time pass before I even try to justify the huge >$300 oak "cube" in the living room.:D
Brian

Vince Bray

Stunt Coordinator
The wife thing kind of plays out over years. Mine developed a slow affection for our old sub over the last 5 years, and when I started talking about replacing it, she wanted to make sure that it would be around for "her system" in our next house :) When I started doing a test assembly of the new 15.2 cube, (which she's been cursing since it is a time vacuum for me) she said "I'm ready for it to come in and get hooked up too."
All she sees now is her old floor and your expensive toy. A year or two from now she'll have her floor (maybe, or you'll have stereo tempests ;) ) and she'll slowly come around. If you don't have kids yet you might want to wait and see how this plays out.
Vince

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Well Brian, you're not alone. I don't know what it is about that extra X chromasome and a complete inability to understand the importance of loud, clean deep bass. Just keep your eye on the ball.

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the encouragement. My wife will have her floor sometime this winter (I'm hoping to get to it in January or February) so it's not like I chose to build a sub over the floor - I just chose to build a sub before the floor. The floor is a lot more work than building a sub and has to be done all at the same time (1 long day) and the results aren't as gratifying as a new sub:D. Maybe she'll appreciate the sub when she can stand on her new floor while listening to a CD....
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks