What's new

Scrubs - 1/16/03 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Anyone else catch Scrubs last night? This show continues to impress. I don't know of any other show that can run the gamut of emotions so well. Both my wife and I were amazed at the end of last nights episode. IMO there are not many casts, writers, directors or producers who could have pulled that off.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I agree. They pulled off the musical piece, where on paper it must have been risky. It is a very good show and I predict it will find a broad audience over time.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I agree, the scene could have turned into an embarrassment, but Scrubs pulled it off. I am glad I watched this series from its first episode and will continue if they keep up this sort of work. Kudos! :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the episode last night (forgot it was Thursday) and am currently really mad at myself.
Any chance someone can give me a spoiler-filled synopsis, because it's gonna be months before they rerun it and I want to make next week's episode make sense.
Thanks. :P

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree... no shows can move so quickly... and effortlessly between the comedic and dramatic than Scrubs can. The ending, with the one shot from the miracle with the wife and her baby to the woman coting and then passing was just magic. Other shows would have played up that musical bit for laughs, I'm glad Scrubs didn't.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This is the only show I've seen that can make you cry from laughter one minute, and sadness the next. I hope they show more of Ted, because that whole scene with the "whistling" had me falling off my seat. And I'd love to see a DVD of this show, especially a behind-the-scenes, because Zach Braff (JD) is supposedly even funnier off the set than he is on the show.
If you're a big fan, you should head to the show's website, which is from the producers and not the network. Pretty comprehensive for an official site, complete with a forum.
EDIT: John, the official site has complete episode recaps for every episode. Very useful if you miss any episodes.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I also agree that Scrubs is a solid show (way funnier than Friends). I also love the serious side. And I love the janitor: "that was my favorite t-shirt, and that was my favorite skin!"

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Count me (and my wife) in as fans of this show. I agree as to last night’s episode and as to the musical number at the end. They took a really big risk considering the subject matter—and pulled it off.

Best new comedy in a long time, they are not afraid to do something new, rather than just churn out formula.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Love. Love Love this show.

It's great. I'm trying to turn as many people on to it as possible. Great time slot too.

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was really impressed at the range exhibited in the Scrubs episode last night. I honestly didn't think the show had it in them to do it. I always considered it a sort of "Airplane" like one note show, but I really enjoyed it.

Bill S.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Chiming in to give yet another :emoji_thumbsup: for Scrubs. I didn't get to catch too much of the first season (please, someone do a marathon!) but what I have seen + this season has got me hooked. Granted, this week's episode wasn't as laugh out loud funny as last week's show (I watched JD's Eye of the Tiger dream sequence about 30 times and was dying laughing) but it showed another side just as effective as it's comedic side.
This show deserves some serious attention.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
TonyD: I never watched St. Elsewhere, but my folks are huge fans of both series. I don't know if there's any connection between the two, but one of the episodes has four wisecracking doctors all in at the same time for some disease, and it's four of the docs from St. Elsewhere! The Scrubs writers definitely know where to give credit where credit is due.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
You know, since this show has moved to Thursday night (where I'm now thinking it *SHOULD* have been all along) I never miss it. I love Friends and I love ER and now this fits nicely. Will and Grace is funny as heck sometimes but I'm not as avid a fan. That being said, Good Morning Miami just kills the night for me. I can't stand it! Scrubs is insanely funny one minute and it always has some kind of message as well. Very well written from my perspective at least.

Scrubs will be the show that keeps Must See TV on Thursday a big winner for NBC when Friends finally departs.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
I'm trying to think...has a show in the 8:30 time slot ever broken out to become a huge show? I seem to think that a few have but I can't remember at this point.

If that is not the case, Scrubs is getting ready to make history then...it is a GREAT SHOW!

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I love this show too. I'm afraid for it however since it seems that the networks usually quickly cancel any sitcoms without a laugh track. :angry:
It pisses me off since it is no coincidence that I am much more likely to become a fan of a show without a laugh track.
Am I getting off topic? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks