What's new

SCROOGE (Albert Finney) is coming this October to Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Unfortunately, still no trace of Anthony Newley/Lesley Bricusse's SECOND musical dabble into "lovable" Dickensian villains, Mr Quilp (later re-edited as The Old Curiosity Shop)?
Didn't become quite the classic that Finney's Scrooge did, but the title seems to have dropped off the face of the earth...Rights problems?

51jNdv2ywOL._AC_.jpg

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Mentioning the late Anthony Newley reminds me of Anthony's Stop the World I Want top Get Off. This appeared on LaserSisc, which I missed at the time. I have never heard of it since in any form since. As it so happens his black&white TV series is being issued on Blu ray by Networkonair UK soon: Clip

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have the movie of Stop the World I Want to Get Off with Tony Tanner in Newley's stage role on VHS. Wasn't it released on a Warner Archive DVD-R some years ago? I've never seen Sammy Stops the World which was Sammy Davis, Jr.'s film adaptation which I'm not sure was ever even released to theaters but has been shown on television a bit over the years.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Really hope the soundtrack does come out next year. It's beautiful, the other version have their pluses, but it would be nice to have the original on digital. Also wish the networks would replay this film more. It and the 1951 version deserve more attention.

Jthree

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Really hope the soundtrack does come out next year. It's beautiful, the other version have their pluses, but it would be nice to have the original on digital. Also wish the networks would replay this film more. It and the 1951 version deserve more attention.

Jthree

Amen to that. Watching the film tonight. I’d love to have the soundtrack on cd or digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks