What's new

Screen vs. No Screen? (1 Viewer)

Mikey_G

Auditioning
Well this is my first post on this site. I just got a projector and am projecting the image onto my white somewhat textured wall. What advantages will putting a screen up give me? Will the picture be brighter and more defined? The disadvantages I have already figuered would be I cant have a custom size say 103" or larger. Seems most people prefer the 100" ones. Also the cost of the screen and it being on the wall. Well any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Get a screen, Mikey. It will improve the image vastly. You don't say what kind of projector you have, but do so. That way, the many projector aficianados on this board will be able to offer specific recommendations.

And welcome to Home Theater Forum.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Getting a screen is highly recommended. After all, that's what movie theaters use, and that's what we're trying to replicate, yes? :) Also, go to the screen forum at AVScience. You'll see many many posts on the subject.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You can indeed get a customed-sized screen. Do some research on the correct "gain" screen for your projector and see if they can custome size it for you. I have also seen a few members make there own screen too. I assume they got the material and cut to size.

Mikey_G

Auditioning
Thanks guys. It is an Infocus DLP. I will check out AVS. It just looks so good even on my apt. wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks