What's new

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN-DTS or DD (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Not trying to start DD vs DTS but I saw both versions in BB and bought the DD version. Any opinions especially from people who have heard both?

Any help is much appreciated!

MarcVH

Second Unit
I've heard both, and have a slight preference for the DTS version. However, my wife wanted the extra bonus content on the DD version, so we now own both. :rolleyes

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I own the DTS SPR and must say, despite lacking the extras of the DD, it sounds amazing. From what I have heard, the DTS SPR was actually re-mixed and sounds discernably different from the DD (I realize this is not often the case). I'm sure they both sound incredible, though.

Joseph

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Oh, what to do:angry:
Should I listen to it, take it back, or both. The clerk at BB opened it because she heard the disc rattling. I am not one for extras and in the past have preferred the DTS versions, UHGGGG
Please keep em coming!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The DTS version is often listed as reference audio material. I have the DTS version and I'm quite happy. If you don't care about bonus features, definitely get the DTS version.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
OK, close the thread, I and my 5year old are traveling back to BB. Just have to try not to buy anything else. This is why I love this forum!:D

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
I've compared them many times and still to this day it is no contest that the DTS is far superior. If you really want the extras and have an itch to watch them just rent the DD version but if you plan on watching the movie alot then don't hesitate to buy the DTS version.
I've got other releases to buy and I'm mighty satisifed by the DD laserdisc but then again its better than the DD dvd by a long shot. The DTS Dvd is better even further.
You're welcome to email me and take a listen to both versions plus if you want to really compare rent and bring over a copy of the DD :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I never compared the Dolby Digital and DTS tracks. However, the DTS track is probably THE best DVD soundtrack I have ever heard.

DanR

Supporting Actor
I too have both, and it's no contest. Get the DTS version, you will NEVER regret it.

Regards,

Dan

DarrenA

Second Unit
WOW, a DTS versus Dolby thread where everyone agrees?! Scary isn't it!;)
BTW, surprise surprise I agree as well the DTS version is the hands down winner here.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
To add a little juice here (just kidding)! I own the dts dvd and the DD laserdisc. To me the DD laserdisc wins with a stronger presence and better dialogue. I was surprised of how well the laserdisc picture looked. Maybe the best video transfer I own on ld. The dts dvd sounds great though.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Thanks everyone. I am now the happy owner of SPR in DTS. I watched it this afternoon and lets just say that I love my SVS 25-31PCi sooooo much that I really can't hear myself think. Ok, I have TPM and others but the low energy of explosions and tanks sent my lab running for cover( she likes TPM and barks at that JAJA BINX(SPELLING) thing).I am glad you made me see the light!:D

Oscar

Second Unit
Well, uh. It depends on your apply if you have apply to great audio buy the DTS version.

DarrenA

Second Unit
I for not to understand what might exactly was last posted. Hence seems Oscar want to may try again. Course might want this time to be more useful grammar.;)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. I have the DTS DVD and the DD Laserdisc. Both of which are total references. One question, how is the elusive DTS Laserdisc of SPR? I have never heard anyone comment on it. Is it better than the DVD in terms of sound?

AJ Garman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks