What's new

Intimate Enemies (Highly Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
It is 1959 Algeria and the Algerian people want to become independent like Morocco and Tunisia, but the french government has different ideas. The French government considers Algeria French homeland and has no intention of giving up the country.

The story deals with the Algerian resistance fighting 500,000 French troops and the realities of just how awful war is. The innocent civilians are caught in the middle and many are killed as collateral damage.

Video: Anamorphic widescreen, SD+ (PAL 576i). The additional 96 lines of resolution gained with SD+ (PAL) provides a beautiful picture somewhat washed out similar to Saving Private Ryan and Letters From Iwo Jima. The washed out look adds to the feeling of extreme heat and desert conditions.

Audio: French DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 with English subtitles. The rear speakers were very active and the subwoffer added realism to the many battles.

Intimate Enemies is a 5 star movie about two soldiers caught in an undeclared war that discover their worst enemy may be themselves.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Sounds like an interesting film, Ernest. I always appreciate reading about foreign films on DVD that I haven't heard of. Why not post a link to where the region 2 DVD can be bought? That way we can all have a look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks