What's new

Save up to 50% on Blu-ray on Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I just ordered Rescue Me Season 3 for pretty close to what I was gonna pay for it on DVD if I went out this afternoon to try and find it, so I'm happy. I managed to snag Seasons 1 & 2 for $19.99 Each at Target.

jumbotron

Agent
Real Name
James
I really would like to buy the die hards on blu ray, but I already own 1-3 on DVD and it is hard to justify to myself to repurchase them... I dunno are any of you guys having this same issue.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I am in the same position and won't replace them with Blu-ray versions. I have been looking for a deal on the 4th film on Blu-ray without luck so far. I have sold a couple DVD's that I replaced with Blu-ray versions and the price I got for the DVD's was hardly worth the walk to the mailbox, much less help cover the cost of the Blu-ray version.

Chris

RomanSohor

Second Unit

So tomorrow I'll be going to Target to get Ratatouille... and something else.. I would like to get either PotC3 or Simpsons, but I have them both on SD... which one is more worth the upgrade?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had the same 'predicament'. I plan on picking up Ratatouille and The Simpsons Movie. Pirates seems a pretty safe bet for a 3 movie box set at some point in time so I'm just going to keep my SD copies of those until that is released. Although The Simpsons Movie is probably a lock for a re-release whenever they put out a sequel.

chris_clem

Second Unit

Do they offer these deals online? I went to target.com but apparently their Bluray selection says "brought to you by amazon.com". Maybe an amazon bogo will happen as well?

chris_clem

Second Unit

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately they jacked up the price to $29.99 and then made it Buy one take one (on very few items too!). If you had to buy it in the store, you'd be paying tax and I'm not sure if you actually come out ahead after that...

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
IMHO--$15 each for some decently-rated BD movies ain't that bad a deal; I for one ain't complaining about the Target deal, as it allowed me to purchase 300 and 3:10 to Yuma--both top-notch movies in the BD PQ and/or audio-quality department.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I wouldn't call it "jacked up" (just for this sale anyway) since that's probably their regular price at the local store. On some other occasion when I wanted to buy a title locally w/out any special sale, I found the local store price to be different from the online price -- and apparently, Target does not match prices between local store and online for whatever reasons.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks