What's new

Sanyo Z1 vs. Epson Home 10/+ (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Has anyone compared these 2 projectors? Projectorcentral.com said the Epson has less SDE. I'm wondering if there is much of a difference in picture quality between them. Also, I've read about the Z1 going thru bulbs pretty quick, any experience with this? Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Well, if it's any consideration for you, I use Epson projectors pretty much exclusively where I work (820's and 7800's right now, much brighter stuff than Home projectors) and their quality is very good, as is their service. If something is wrong they really make an effort to make it right. DOn't know anything about the projector you're looking at though, sorry!

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
I havent purchased my projector yet but all roads seem to lead back to the Z1, the epson doesnt have component video inputs so that cancel's it out for me, from what i read in reviews they are both pretty good, especially considering their cost, usually under 1200 if not right at 1000

David K.

Second Unit
i dont think the epson has len shift does it? it also have limited video user settings.

I remember reading up on it in a ht magazine and it didnt have a specific user setting essential for video calibration. Something along of color or brightness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.