What's new

Sanyo Projector - need help please (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I have a Sanyo PLCXU20B, which is quite old.
For the last 6 months I have been using this to play both Region 1 and 2 DVDs with no problem. The projector is connected to a Pioneer R2 player which is chipped to play R1 discs, and it is connected with an S-Video lead
However, suddenly, the projector will not show images on my Region 1 disc - I simply get a blue background screen as if the DVD was not on. (Sound still plays though). There is no problem with my R2 discs (picture is fine), and my region 1 discs play fine when the DVD is connected to my TV. I have also checked the wiring to the projector, and there is no problem.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be, and, more importantly what I can do to fix it ?
Many thanks for any assistance.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
if you don't find out here,
goto avscience.com and go to "digital projectors" in the forums section. register there and post. people are very good about responding to these types of issues and I'm sure someone there will have something to say.
dave :)

JasG

Auditioning
Simon, does your projector have a setting for NTSC/PAL/SECAM ?
Any chance it was set to 'Auto' and now is set to a single format?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks