What's new

Possible convergence problem? (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I need some help. I have a Sanyo PLV 60-HT projector in my ht. Lately I have noticed some weird ghosting on images. Sometimes you'll see a red ghost outline across the face of someone or to the side of an object. I can't seem to find any settings I can change in the projector beyond the normal settings. Nothing like adjusting the convergence. I have the Sound & Vision dvd for set-up, but that particular one is not for projectors,only tv's. Is there a set-up dvd strictly for projectors that I could get? Or, do I need to take it in for adjustment? I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my picture quality and this is driving me crazy. Please help!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Three panel (LCD and LCos and, rarely, DLP) projectors can have convergence problems. If so, the problem was there since day one and in most cases cannot be fixed without major service. A "prism block" with the postage stamp imaging panels needs to be replaced.

There are a few projectors where a menu adjustment shifts the entire red or blue sub-image electronically a pixel or two which will help fix the problem.

Color fringing can also occur because of lens imperfections, notably chromatic aberration. Changing the zoom or the lens shift may change the amount of fringing.

Use a white crosshatch or white dot grid test pattern on a dark background to check the magnitude of this problem.

Video hints: Video Technicalia Made Easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskogg
Recent bookmarks