What's new

San Francisco Grand Prix Cycling race today (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone outside the San Francisco Bay area see the 125 mile Grand Prix Cycling race today?
What a race and effort. Such a brutal course. The US Postal Team has one guy in the lead group and two guys from the Saturn team trying to drop him. Armstong dropped out at 80 miles after getting his tream mate to the lead. There's 20 miles left now.
Nelson

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Don't think so, I recorded the Vuelta from my DBS but I don't think anybody is carrying the S.F. Grand Prix or else I would have watched it... I read a short blurb on a cycling forum that Armstrong was catching the break for Hincapie who won the thing. However the one guy from Saturn took 2nd and the other guy (Waulters?) from the Navigators took 4th. I hear those two names all the time so looks like they did well too. I haven't read anything official or even seen the results yet though.
The stuff I read too said the course was very hilly.. being in S.F., I don't doubt that! :)
Any pictures?
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jay,
It was a pretty intense race till the end. I was rooting for Hincapie because the two guys from Saturn were just hammering away at him trying to drop him. Attack after attack was meet with a responce from Hincapie and he never lost them. It was amazing, on the last lap, Hincapie made his move and blow past them on the climb up Taylor street. The Saturn team looked like they were standing still! And a Canadian rider who teamed up with Hincapie was droped on the last two laps and he held on for forth place. He really gave an amazing effort.
I hope they do it again next year.
Nelson

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, after what Hincapie had to go through in the Paris-Roubaix, at least this is a little reward for having an awesome P-R yet flatting at the worst possible time. I heard Lance was doing some awesome work pulling in the breaks, which allowed Hincapie to be fresh for the end game...
Definitely they should have more races like this... Or even stage races like the HP Women's Challenge in Idaho!
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks