What's new

Samsung TXN2668WHF (HDTV Widescreen) (1 Viewer)

SeanFinegan

Auditioning
Wondering if anyone else has this TV and is being driven
crazy by the fact that the "P. Size" always defaults to
the "Wide" setting. The "Panorama" setting is so much
better.

More detail: Every time I switch between video sources
(AV1, AV2, AV3, S-Video) the P. Size always changes to
"Wide". "Wide" is terrible for viewing as far as I'm
concerned, I have to hit the "P. Size" button on the remote
twice to switch to "Panorama", which is much better for viewing the analog 4:3 signal on the wide screen.

There appears to be no way of saving the "Panorama" setting
into the individual video source settings.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup! It's mildly annoying. You would think the set would have a memory of its last setting for each input.

Great picture, though, huh? :D

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you got a remote that had macros that would probably slove your problem with the picture settings. Can you tell me what the height & width of the 26 inch tube is & how does a 4x3 picture look on it. Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The 26" diagonal comes to 23" wide by 13" tall.

I've been doing most of my 4:3 watching in "panorama" mode. I hope I don't offend the OAR gods with that. I know I'm supposed to watching programs in their original aspect ratio, but with a 26" widescreen set, the 4:3 image is just 22" diagonal. I think the panorama setting works really well with hardly any distortion. I haven't quite figured out how it accomplishes that, but am sure someone will chime in and explain it to me.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I've had mine for about 36 hours now. Bought it to replace an 18yo 26" 4:3 Toshiba in my bedroom. Gave it a bit of a workout last night (analog CATV and non-preogressive DVD) - I'm quite pleased with it. I will be getting digital CATV and HD CATV (2 boxes - one for the 65" Mitsu in the home theater downstairs) next tuesday afternoon and am shopping for a progressive scan DVD player to pair with it.

I also found the Panorama mode the most pleasing to the eye last night (and this morning - had the AM news on while getting ready for work). I noticed that even though I didn't change inputs, and even though I had it set for Panorama when I shut it off last night ... it was set to Wide this morning. :frowning: A minor annoyance compared to the problems my old Toshiba was developing though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks