What's new

Samsung LCD Flatscreen Issues (1 Viewer)

nick.k

Auditioning
Hello,

I have a Samsung LCD flatscreen that I purchased 3 months ago. I forget the model number offhand. (It is the one with the glossy black trim on the outside and the v-shaped silver bottom). I have it hooked up via component cables to my HD cablebox and ahve noticed the following:

During very dark screens on my Cablevision HDTV programming, large reddish-black lines seem to scroll up the screen to the top. I don't notice it as much on DVDs... Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I'd recheck all the connections and make sure the cables are not crossing power cables or anything that might cause interference. If that didn't fix it, I'd try to determine if it is the display or the cable box. Try hooking it up to either an upconverting player or an OTA tuner to see if you get the same result. If you don't get the same lines with those 720p or 1080i signals, you know it is the cable box. If you get the same results, you know it is the display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.