What's new

Safe buying time for tv on dvd titles ???? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I usually buy the tv on dvd titles that I want, as soon as they are released .But lately , more titles that I want, are being released faster than I can afford them.So I still should be safe, if I put off buying some titles 2 or 3 months after the release date ??????? In other words, has anyone waited for a title 2 or 3 months after release date , and found it out of print ????

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
With the exception of Titles that are extensions of Series I currently Own. (An Example is Walker, Texas Ranger) I usually do not buy a Series until it is Complete, as many times you can get the Individual Seasons for A lot cheaper then by buying them at once instead of one-at-a-time. An Individual Season that goes for $30-50 a Season can often be reduced to less than $10 a Season when the complete series if offered! (Or someone is having a Two-For-One Sale! :D ) A Program that's being sold at Full Price when it's first released can end up in the Bargain Bins a few months later. (How do you think I have amassed my Collection?:emoji_thumbsup: )

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not a lot of TV DVD collectors have the patience of Job, or Regulus for that matter, but he's right, if you can wait for complete sets you will save a LOT of money. Or even just waiting a couple months later on the season sets. And, for the most part, you'll always be able to find these sets down the road still in stock somewhere. If for some reason it goes out of stock at the regular sites like Amazon, there's always eBay. Very rarely have I seen sets there above their original retail prices. And often, quite dirt cheap.

Here's a couple sites that show discounted prices on TV DVD sets, one searchable by title, the other just the latest greatest.

Compare DVD Prices Online at DVD Price Search - The Smartest DVD Price Comparison Engine Online!

Black Tuesday For HD-DVD!! COPS!! COACH!! CHRONICLES!! Herc's Season-Box DVD Vault!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there is a method to dealing with a problem like this. When there are multiple sets coming out and you can't buy them all and have to wait, check for the SRP, if the sale price is only a $5 difference, you can probably wait to buy that until a later date.

What I usually do is wait to purchase that set until a much later date as Best Buy, Circuit City and Target are constantly having these recent sets priced cheaper a few weeks after their release. This is how I've been able to stay on top of these DVD releases.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

The bargain rack method at the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville is how my mother got the 2nd through 5th seasons of "The Waltons," as they were $20 apiece there. As a matter-of-fact, "The Waltons" is one of my mother's favorite series.

I also used the bargain rack to get the two seasons' worth of "MacGyver" that I currently have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks