What's new

S Video: B.C. Silver Serpent vs. AR Pro vs. Monster Video 2, any competition? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I was just curious is there any competition or does the Silver Serpents win hands down?
James

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
From my experience with the silver s-video cable from catcables I'd imagine the BC one would be better.

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
just between the AR and Monster cables, i wouldnt pay more for the monster cables, if they were same price i would go with AR either way personally.

james e m

Second Unit
Is there anyway to judge how much of a difference I will be able to see when using one s video cable over another? I guess what I would like to know is what makes the B.C. silver serpent so good?
James

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
AR Is made by Monster. If you are considering non-"M" series Monsters, just save the $$$, otherwise, the ISF certified "M" series are good and well worth the $$$. You'll find that the prices on the M series at the boutiques start at around the same prices as the M Video 2s that are mostly carried by the big chain electronics stores.
I'm sure that the SILVERS are good too.
Elbert

Jay Blair

Second Unit
It's not a fair comparison using the AR Pro series against the BC Silver Serpents. AR however makes a silver/copper Video cable in their Master Series that does compare favorable with the BC cables, as well as component cables. They are very close in video quality (haven't compared audio cables), but the AR cables are a lot cheaper if you can get a good discount, such as at etronics.com (I think they sell both 6ft and 12ft sizes, but don't have the smaller 3ft.). My biggest complaint against the Master Series cables is their stiffness that makes them much harder to hookup than the Silver Serpents. I have both, by the way, in my system. Among relatively cheap cables, the Master Series are the best I've found. They are also among the most durable S-video cables I've found, and I like the locking connecters on the component cables. Note however that if you pay retail for the Master cables, the price is about the same as the BC cables. Bottomline, I'd probably go with the BC cables for ease of use if money isn't tight. I have also tried M-series Monster cables, but I think both the BC and AR cables discussed here are a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks