What's new

Running/hiding cables - suggestions (1 Viewer)

thaKing

Auditioning
Real Name
thaKing
I am looking to hang my TV above the fireplace. In addition to the TV, I will have a Roku, PS4 and a soundbar. There is no outlet above the fireplace. On each side of the fireplace are windows, with one window having an outlet underneath. This is the outlet I would expect to use to power the equipment.

In my mind, it doesn't make sense to have all 4 components plug into the same outlet under the window (and honestly, I doubt they will reach). Instead of running all 4 power cables to the outlet, would it be best (make most sense) to run a long surge protector to this outlet? How would you go about running power cables to the outlet? Additionally, what are the options to hide the power cable that needs to run around/down the mantle to the outlet? (I can post a pic of the area if it would be beneficial.)

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I don't see the a problem with running a power strip to the mantle if you can do it a want that doesn't bother you. Cord/wires don't bother me so I would rather have my gear on then not seeing a power cord. If your fireplace is hollow (insert) you can put a conduit in place or have an electrician run an outlet to the mantle if you like. I think I would just get a long corded UPS unit and put everything into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks