What's new

rptv broken (1 Viewer)

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Came home to find my rca widescreen tv to not work and that the front panel where the speakers are to be loose. No one was home but my girlfriend's dogs. Nothing looks to be broken but there is some wiring showing from the front of the tv where the panel is. the tv however will not power up.Guess i am going to have to call a repair man.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem as mine and that would be that my tv would not power up and that when i tried to turn it on with the remote the red indicator light on the remote would just light up the vcr and i could not power it up from the tv itself. I was wondering if it was just having a bad remote and that i need to replace it since the last time i turned off the tv i used the remote. I hope whatever the problem it is not that serious.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried turning the unit on directly — that is, using the power button on the box? Also, I'm curious about the loose panel. Do you have someone who comes in to clean the house? Perhaps this person may have bumped something into the RPTV.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Yes i tried turning it on from the box. My girlfriend has 2 dogs and they were the only ones at home at that time. I think i am going to have a repairmen look at this week. And i think i am going to get a dlp or lcd tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks