What's new

Anything salvagable on my broken RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My 8 year old RPTV is broke.

Hey should I pull the guns out and sell them on ebay? Well, maybe that's too difficult but what about selling the screen? It's perfect. Remote control? Any other ideas?

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
I once thought about turning my RPTV into a large fishtank after it broke.........

What happend to it? and Is it worth repairing?

John S

Senior HTF Member
46" screen? I'd sure love to have it...

I sold my old 46" RPTV, and I'll be darned if when we were transporting it to the new location, if we didn't somehow, mar the dang lenticular.

I told the guy, I'd keep on the look out for one, and help him change it if I found one.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It's a 50", I'm sure with a good tool you could cut it to 46" Are you interested? Make me an offer! I'll need to find a way to ship it, that's going to be a challenge - hey how do you ship a lenticular RPTV screen, roll it I assume. Mine is in very good condition and they're -way- expensive to buy from Mitsubishi.The Green gun is leaking coolant. Do a search here for my name for all the sordid details.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I think I will hold out for a more proper size.. But thanks... I just figure I'll eventually come across one.

I felt really bad that it happend, I got $500 out of that old 46" GE from the guy.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Tempting as it is.. lol

I'd say have it disposed of properly and call it done.

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Philip,

What model is the Mitsubishi? I tried to check out your home page, but the link didn't work...

Thanks,
Chad

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
You might find someone willing to pay for the mirror (first surface?) inside the cabinet. That could probably even be sold on ebay.

Matt

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm an astronomer, and those first surface mirrors are in fairly high demand by astronomers in general. Lots of optical uses for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks