What's new

How to dispose of a broken RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I need to dispose of my old broken RPTV, but I don't like the idea of the whole thing getting crushed up and thrown in a landfil. I'm sure there are toxic chemicals in there, does anyone have any ideas?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Maybe there's a service center that repairs t.v.s and can use it for parts. Contact those centers and make the free offer. Hope you got a truck, because some may think that they are doing you the favor and won't pick it up. But, you'll never know without trying.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
household haz mat might take them, or recycling centers, you may have to search around, your garbage collection thing should tell you where to look.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My garbage collectors are just going to crush it in the truck with the rest of the trash. :frowning:

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Your RPTV is mostly an empty box big enough to hold the mirror and screen. Why don't you open it up and pull out the electronics and CRTs? Then you can leave the gutted RPTV at the curb guilt-free, and dispose of the innards some other time.

Lewis

Agent
Check with your town. They might have certains days they will pick up that type of item. Your town might know where a recycle center is located.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks