What's new

RIP Sir Roger Moore (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Most of his Bond films have not aged well, the exceptions being "The Spy Who Loved Me", "The Man With the Golden Gun" and "For Your Eyes Only". "Ffolkes" and "The Wild Geese" are probably his best non-Bond roles. He seemed best suited to playing "The Saint"; although, I have only seen some of that series.

May he RIP.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Sir Roger Moore (together with Tony Curtis) was a huge part of my childhood in The Persuaders, long before I first saw him as James Bond in The Spy Who Loved Me, or his re-runs as The Saint on TV.

His mutual affection for his Bond predecessor warmed the heart, while fans debated which was the better.

I once heard him say that he never took himself too seriously - an attitude that spoke to me.

Shall spin up The Man Who Haunted Himself, together with some favourite instalments of The Persuaders and his Bond this weekend in fond memory.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Really sad news. He was one of my favorite Bonds.
(Truth to tell, I have enjoyed *all* of the Bond movies -- even "Moonraker" which I realize is a guilty pleasure.)

I have his "For Your Eyes Only" and "The Spy Who Loved Me" in my personal Top 10 Bond list.

RIP 007

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've been reading his book, My Word is my Bond on and off. Something keeps interrupting me. I must finish it now. Its been a good read and a look into the struggles of getting into the movies and TV.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very sorry to hear of the passing of Roger Moore. He and Sean Connery will always be my favorite Bonds. I always enjoyed Moore in his other movies too, like Ffolkes, The Wild Geese, and Cannonball Run, in which he wasn't afraid to laugh at himself.

I've read his books over the years, so there's a lot more to him than James Bond or The Saint. My Word Is My Bond is a great autobio; he's funny and had a very interesting life. He also wrote Bond On Bond, which is his book on the whole Bond series.

He did great work for UNICEF (Audrey Hepburn was a close friend) and his awareness campaign against foie gras was righteous.

Will always remember the summer (1983) that a friend and I watched all the Bond films on this new thing called home video. Great times.

Moore took big pieces of James Bond with him when he left the role. Never again would Bond have as much humor or class. Leading men in all types of movies could use more of that these days.

Live-and-Let-Die-Polo-Neck.jpg

He looked great in a tux, but it was this outfit from Live and Let Die that showed he could be serious about the spy business.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I was going to copy and paste this in, but it seems its only available in screenshot form. Here's a really nice story about Roger Moore as he encountered a fan - twice.

https://twitter.com/MrKenShabby/status/867036448037511169

Click the left page, then the right to read the whole thing. It's worth a minute :)

That link needs to be accompanied by a government health warning. I didn't know what hit me.

The first story packed the punch of a Beretta. The second one slew me like a Walther PPK.

No wonder Lois Maxwell said she would marry Roger Moore (...and have a fling with Sean Connery).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks