What's new

Riddle me this... (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Since this board is primarily made up of males I have a question for you all...

Do men really prefer their woman to be skinny as most of the female celebs seem to look as of late? I mean are curves really so out dated that the starved, but big breasted look is in?

Just curious.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Lanie, though your statement about our membership is true, for the most part, there are quite a few female members here, some of them big-time posters. As for your question, "different strokes," fella. Some gentlemen prefer "skinny" women, while others prefer more weight. It's, well, whatever...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I'll give you the politically incorrect answer: The look you decribed seems to be mostly favored by white males.

For example, black males have different aesthetics in that regard. Most would forgo the big breast for an ampler um... bottom.

My unscientific observations.

--
H

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm a white male in his mid 30's. To me, the Monica Belucci look is the ultimate.
She obviously takes care of herself but is also proud of her natural figure and doesn't go for the waif look.
Mind you, there have been a few times when I'm at the bar and see a "waif" type girl, when I just sit back and go Damn!

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
As has been said, tastes vary. For example, I think that super skinny women with very large (obviously fake) breasts are not at all attractive. It may have to do with the fact that most of these girls seem quite shallow and could never hold my interest intellectually. But that's just me.

-Mike

Craig

Second Unit
Middle age white male here. Give me someone with some junk in the trunk! I don't like the skinny look, and big boobs without something down below to balance it out doesn't do it for me. Jennifer Tilly has always been more my type bodywise.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

This about as silly as thinking that all women prefer really muscular rich dudes without taking it into account that some prefer fairly muscular rich dudes.:D

All joking aside. I have a best friend who likes trampy, tattooed, large busted (artificial or not) skinny girls (near anorexic, but he'll forgo that for a huge bust) with brunette hair, dark eyes and a lot of makeup. Preferably Italian (he's Irish, who can explain it?). Think Angelina Jolie. I prefer non-tattooed, smaller chested (no implants!), natural looking, healthy bodied girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. Think Grace Kelly, Virginia Madsen (yum!) or Reese Witherspoon (before she got anorexic, yuck). Complete opposites!

One thing I can safely say that all men agree on - They all dislike bitching (and who would want a man that likes it?). I'll even put up with whining if it means less bitching. Otherwise, different strokes for different folks!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've learned tastes grow and adapt, I believe as a result of what types of ethnicities, age groups, body types, etc. one is exposed to. For example, I grew up in an area with no Asian community and for a good part of my life I was not attracted to Asian women. I can actually remember the moment I felt a physical attraction to a Chinese woman. I can also remember my first physical attraction to a voluptuous woman, when all the women I'd been attracted to up to then fit into the "small and skinny" description. I've also had a chance to socialize with older women and have experienced physical attraction there. So basically, I guess you could say my tastes are expanding as I get older, which I see as a good thing. I know not all men are this way and are essentially "locked in" regardless of their age. Isn't there a saying like, "I get older but they stay the same."? Anyways, I would say the only consistent thing for me these days is that the woman can't be overweight.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
31 White male here.

Cannot STAND fake boobs or ghetto booty. I like all natural. And yes Lanie I dont know why anorexia is "in" now either. Mind you I dont mind skinny at all but there is a fine line.

I would rather have a woman who is a bit overwheight or a nerd with a personality than a waif who is self-absorbed and/or bitchy.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well you see, it has been said on this very forum that Jennifer Lopez and what's-her-name from My Big Fat Greek Wedding are overweight.

So outside of the medical definition, "overweight" means squat without a frame of reference.

--
H

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Answering from a each individual's perspective would be too limiting, so I'm going to go out on a limb and give a response for my entire close peer group. We all trend to slim as the ideal. And that conversation wouldn't last 30 seconds. (I think in 25 years of bar discussions I can remember only one guy saying he preferred larger women.)

The more interesting debate is preferred breast size. Right along there with blond, brunette, or redhead. I think votes on both those features are evenly split. (My leanings are: don't-care / brunette.)

Now I have to add that I think the actresses and models are too skinny. I think they go for that size to look good on camera.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Yeah, I figured that term would be problematic. I believe my definition of overweight is closer to the medical one. In regard to Hollywood, I do not consider Lopez or Vardalos overweight, nor Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones mode, nor Kate Winslet post-Titanic. Though Sarah Michelle Gellar was younger in the first year of Buffy I think she looked better then (though I still find her attractive now).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Speaking of hair color, whenever I'm "girl watching" with a friend of mine I pick out a blonde, so he has the impression I like blondes. Another friend thinks I have a preference for Asians, but that's not true either. I tend to like brunettes, but have an incredible weakness for true redheads.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Another data point:

Ideal - thin (not skinny), with average size breasts and a pretty face.

But to be fair, there is considerable variation from that which would still be very attractive to me.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I just like women, but really, its not so much as what she looks like as WHO she is. As we all get older the looks change, and it sure is nice to know my woman loves me for who i am too! :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member

Lanie can you point out some examples? When I think female celebs I think Rachel Weisz, Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, Mira Sorvino, Diane Lane.

These women aren't bone thin, but do most real women consider these people to be?

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess I should have been a bit more clearer in my first post.

I post at another forum (tv/movie/music forum) and it is mostly males and the threads that are the most popular there seem to be the picture threads of the female celebs.

The most popular celebs there seem to be Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Britney Murphey, Paris Hilton, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera and others.

I was just curious as to the tastes of the men on this forum (I know Lindsay Lohan is one of them).

I myself favor the more atheltic/curvier look for woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks