What's new

Reviews and comments of purchases & subsequent cust. service with Crazy Eddie? (long) (1 Viewer)

Jeremy M

Agent
Hi all-
I am asking for reviews and comments of Crazy Eddie because I am slightly concerned about a phone call I received from them this morning and when I made a return phone call later this afternoon.
Situation:
Steve from Crazy Eddie called me to let me know that even though I chose the Next Day Air method of shipping on my order of a new Samsung Tantus TSL2795HF DynaFlat tube TV (which is HD-capable, through connections to a HD sat. receiver/decoder), the TV would not arrive at my house for 3 days because of how they have to prepare it for shipping and precautions they need to take to insure it travels safe and sound. No real big deal there, but after Steve tells me that, he says he needs the CID number on the credit card used to purchase the TV.
I asked my dad to use his card to purchase the order (I gave him the money for the purchase) so my dad had the card at the time and was out of town for business most of the day. Maybe it was just un-needed anxiety on my part, but I took Steve's asking for the CID number that the order wouldn't go through until I got the number from dad's card.
So I waited (unpatiently) for dad to arrive home so I could get the number so I could call Steve back with it. Well, when my dad got home and I asked to get the number from his card, he got mad and said no (thought they wanted his PIN number or something like that, didn't know what the CID was and I couldn't have convinced him that I knew what it was, which it turns out I did know...), so I called up Steve at Crazy Eddie's with a somewhat heavy heart thinking I was going to have to cancel the order altogether.
Here's where my apprehension begins... I called and ironically enough, got Steve again. I told him who I was and he remembered me from this morning. Told me basically what he said about shipping the TV as this morning, but when I asked if he still needed the CID #, he said he went ahead and sent the order through, that I sounded like an honest guy and he trusted me. Now, while that went through without thoroughly pissing my dad off about it all (for which I am extremely thankful for), I wonder if I can trust 'Steve' and Crazy Eddie with my dad's credit card information after that. He basically told me that he needed that # to send the order through, and when I call back, he says he went and sent it through because 'he trusted me'.
Here's the important questions... this happen to anyone else? Is this a 'normal' situation with online retailers/wholesalers?
I (hopefully) shouldn't be too worried about it all, but that's not my credit card information floating around out there. I might lose the trust of my dad for a very long time if something bad happens with this situation.
frown.gif

Somebody please put my fears to rest here and convince me this is a typical situation and I shouldn't be too worried about Steve trusting me and going ahead and sending my order through.
BTW, total order cost (incl. shipping) came to a little over $1100.
Thanks for all your helpful comments and reviews of Crazy Eddie and their customer service.
Jeremy M

Joseph Kim

Agent
Jeremy,
don't be too worried with credit card purchases. Worse comes to worst, you can always dispute a transaction. I think you're safe.
joe

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Credit card purchases online are usually safe..no make that totally safe. But I understand ur apprehension as this is not ur card. Those 3 numbers aren't usually given to retailers but most of the time used for identification..hence CID. Steve might have wanted that because its not ur card. He maybe just trying to cover his butt. Crazy Eddie seems to be a good place to buy stuff.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Jeremy M

Agent
Thanks Joseph and Eric.
I figured that's probably all it was and why Steve wanted the CID, but it definately made me curious.
I guess my apprehension started about the order really going to go through when Steve called me the first time yesterday morning. He asked for my dad as I used his name and card information to make the purchase. So, *technically* I lied to him right off, I 'posed' as my dad when he called (dad was out of town for most of the day on business), so I figured if I could answer his questions fairly easily (not to metion truthfully and right), he would have never known the difference.
Well, when he asked for the CID number, I was caught, didn't have the card and couldn't have gotten a hold of dad to get the number. I broke down and told him the truth, I was 'the son who asked to borrow dad's card to buy something', so he said I needed to get the CID number to get the order to go through.
So I guess I turn out to be the 'pot calling the kettle black', but I've made numerous online transactions with dad's borrowed card before never had them ask for the CID before. I think that's why dad got so mad, he didn't know what the CID was and had never been asked for it before.
Thanks again guys for reassuring me that's what Steve was doing, confirming card info and such.
Jeremy M

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
another reason is that b/c most business on the internet is REALLY slow, etailers will do just about anything to get an order. Seems like steve didn't want to lose your business so he went ahead and shipped it to ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks